News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

*WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!* Star Wars

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, January 10, 2016, 14:56:20

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Split opinions from everyone I have spoke to about it.

I thought it was fookin ace!!

Thoughts?

Swiss

Seen it twice, was better the 2nd time.

Some plot holes/flaws... but on the whole a solid 8.5/10

Major issue for me was: It's another freaking Death star!

Also I felt disappointment when Kylo's helmet came off: Was expecting something a little more badass.

Victoria

No interest in Star Wars. However; the new Tarantino movie is worth a viewing.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: Swiss on January 10, 2016, 15:44:14
Seen it twice, was better the 2nd time.

Some plot holes/flaws... but on the whole a solid 8.5/10

Major issue for me was: It's another freaking Death star!

Also I felt disappointment when Kylo's helmet came off: Was expecting something a little more badass.

Going to watch it again tonight.

Ye they weren't very imaginative with the whole evil lair concept. And they destroyed it a bit to easily for my liking. But I suppose that that cannot be new orders main base as they will need to find where that big dude in the hologram hangs out.

Kylo seems a bit of a slapped arse and I think he unmasked a bit to soon and easily for my liking!!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Also, it was a bit crap that Fin went from a janitor, never even fired his weapon on his first day as a soldier, yet knew how to wield a light saber and gave Kylo a run for his money (who earlier in the film was throwing everyone around just with his power of thought, but couldn't use it on a janitor).

There were a few other things as well I cannot remember!!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

What did you watch it in?

I watched it in IMAX 3D at the printworks and it was most definitely worth it!!

Deadpool next

Lekos

I really, really liked it. OK, a few iffy bits, but I want to go and watch it again...soon!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I had goosebumps for most of it. Even when the lucas film logo came up I was like oh shit!!

Lekos

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Before I watched it the first time I just watched episodes 4-6 and didn't even bother with 1-3

Swiss

Quote from: BBM on January 10, 2016, 17:42:04
Also, it was a bit crap that Fin went from a janitor, never even fired his weapon on his first day as a soldier, yet knew how to wield a light saber and gave Kylo a run for his money (who earlier in the film was throwing everyone around just with his power of thought, but couldn't use it on a janitor).

There were a few other things as well I cannot remember!!

Ah yes, but let's not forget kylo took a hit from chewies bowcaster like a g. It'd sent others flying in the air so by the time he was fighting he would have been seriously injured.

Having sid that, yes, he was force bossing the others earlier then loses out to rey who just says "the force" then becomes a freaking boss.

Because I'm a geek, I've read a fair few of the books and I know that the first things jedi's learn Is the force guard, which stops opponents knocking your sabre out of your hand. Rey would not have known this... minor plot hole but hey...

Snoke is supposed to be vadar's father... dun dun dun....

Bug the kylo's training isn't complete.

bluepill

I thought it was everything the prequels should have been. Kylo seems a bit like Snape, too public school but it was quite good showing actual temper and rage which has always been lacking from sith lords

Watched revenant the other night that's hilarious