News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Nicholas Otamendi

Started by Stephen Paul, January 16, 2016, 18:10:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Starting to look like a decent player now

Ludo

Still a bit rash when it comes to a tackle.

Swiss

That's part of his charm!

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Ludo on January 16, 2016, 18:13:17
Still a bit rash when it comes to a tackle.

But at least he tackles. We are a bit tackle shy sometimes.

Sean

Hopefully when Kompany comes back, Otto will be with Him in defence

KunDB

Prone to the odd mistake but gives 120% every game. He is the type of player we need.

I love watching him play.

gavin

We still look dodgy at the back despite a couple of clean sheets. I like many aspects of Otamendi's game but he is a bit rash sometimes. I wasn't very impressed by how he fell to the floor after getting a slight tap recently either. I'm undecided whether he will be a great signing.

So far this season we looked best with Vinny and Mangala at the back in the first few games.

clevblue

Yes Vinnie makes the difference after a couple of games,  Otamendi will partner up well -IF he gets back okay

Stephen Paul

hard to find a decent centre half these days but Otamendi is getting there

Ludo

It's not that hard. Everton signed Stones and Chelsea signed Zouma for peanuts compared to Otamendi and Mangala.

Swiss

Neither of them were the finished article, which is what we were after.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Swiss on January 18, 2016, 08:23:19
Neither of them were the finished article, which is what we were after.
true ,Stones is dodgy

Ludo

You couldn't by any stretch of the imagination say that Mangala was the finished article when we spunked £40m on him. For half that money we could have bought an experienced premier league defender like Shawcross.

Perhaps it's our scouting network that needs an overhaul.

Swiss

Or just stop buying players from Porto with massive buyout clauses!

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on January 18, 2016, 12:13:52
Or just stop buying players from Porto with massive buyout clauses!

why not just buy Porto and sell them back

lee

id rather have stones or shawcross than mangala

gavin

Mangala looked great with Vinny at the start of the season. Shawcross is still a filthy sod. Can't see Stones being any cheaper than Mangala was.

Swiss

Not sure he looked great, always a bambi on ice for me!

Neil Mcnab

Stones, although looking like he could be the real deal, is not the finished article. The way the market is going, northwards of 40/50 million now.

In comparison, Alderweireld looks virtually like a free transfer at £11.5 million from Southampton to Spurs in the summer.

Tricky Trev

Hilarious how little worth we get from mangala and otamendi. Surely a record shit business and performance deal.