News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City at Hammers Thread

Started by KunDB, January 23, 2016, 16:31:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludo

a substitution that changes nothing.

KunDB

Oh he has woke up Navas off Sterling. Big deal!

Ludo

What is the point of hoofing the ball route one to Aguero.

KunDB

Finally Kelechi, at least that ties up defenders so West Ham cannot man mark Sergio so tight.

Ludo

So no midfield at all now??

KunDB

As said earlier Delph off Yaya stays on arrrggggghhhh

KunDB

Exactly as I called it Kelechi freeing up Sergio to score

Neil Mcnab

Kun gets us out of jail again. But Toure stays on and Delph goes off???

Ludo

KunDB

Again 2 points lost because of our average managers poor tactics. So nearly a defeat.

Neil Mcnab

Where are our leaders, Kun leads by example, theres  the stare as well. Theres not a lot else. Liittle talking or any verbal communication between our players. No problem when its going well.  Need someone vocal to gee players up and give a bollocking when its not.

lee

i'll take a point..west ham are no mugs

Tricky Trev

Quote from: Zabba on January 23, 2016, 19:22:05
Again 2 points lost because of our average managers poor tactics. So nearly a defeat.

My thoughts exactly. This needed to be three points, it's getting too far in the season and city needs to start grinding out results. But it seems city never gets going, sometimes running but falling over again and again and failing to mount any serious and consistent threat.

As exciting as a second or third place should be, this season is a fucking snore fest.

gavin

It is just not good enough. We didn't deserve anything more than we got. We're not capable of getting a run together under this manager. Mind you, there is a lot of players that need to look at themselves too. Yaya deserves his criticism today but so does Silva who was poor indeed. In fact there's a long list but, unfortunately, Otamendi was particularly notable again. That was disgraceful for their second.

bluebrendan

Two desperately poor goals to concede, Toure initially at fault for the first but what was Otamendi doing going walkabout, Delph had to cover his position and so nobody was on Valencia. The second goal is just schoolboy stuff, Otamendi has one man to look after and loses him.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on January 23, 2016, 19:27:55
It is just not good enough. We didn't deserve anything more than we got. We're not capable of getting a run together under this manager. Mind you, there is a lot of players that need to look at themselves too. Yaya deserves his criticism today but so does Silva who was poor indeed. In fact there's a long list but, unfortunately, Otamendi was particularly notable again. That was disgraceful for their second.

Spot on

I would add our defence is STILL not fixed despite  having spent a fortune, mainly because the team balance is all wrong. As shown time after time away from the Eitihad.

KunDB

More often than not we are second best for loose balls, I have noticed that over our last few games.

Ludo

West Ham's midfield were big, strong, pacey and numerous.

Ours was Delph.

gavin

Quote from: lee on January 23, 2016, 19:26:20
i'll take a point..west ham are no mugs

You have a point that the Hammers are a decent side but really we shouldn't be giving away one goal like we did today never mind two! We are our own worst enemies.

Swiss

Quote from: bluebrendan on January 23, 2016, 19:30:30
Two desperately poor goals to concede, Toure initially at fault for the first but what was Otamendi doing going walkabout, Delph had to cover his position and so nobody was on Valencia. The second goal is just schoolboy stuff, Otamendi has one man to look after and loses him.

Valencia was being marked by Delph, Delph chose to leave his man to cover the near post, deflects of his bum an into the unmarked Valencia.
If Delph had stayed with his man, then no deflection and Ota clears.
If Toure hadn't been so weak and let his man get by easy, different passage of play entirely.

Yes, Ota too slow on the first goal.

Silva hasn't played well since coming back from Injury

Sterling looked ring rusty

No one played particularly well (Kun aside).

We should of stuck with Delph and Fernando in the centre.