News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Vs Sunderland

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, December 03, 2014, 18:58:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Not seen this game yet (I'm away and with an internet connection that is positively clockwork!) and won't get to see it until I return home on Friday, but the match reports make for very good reading. Well done City!

City Slicker

Our bandwagon is rolling an no coincidence that Ferna is getting a run too!

Has that extra dimension over Fernando!

Clichy improved a lot too!

Navas worked hard an been more effective!

Notice a theme here? Chopping and changing isnt always the best policy, hard to build your confidence when you are in an out?!

Rowley Birkin QC

Just seen the goals - very cool!

Ludo

Have to admit I'm pleasantly surprised by Boyata's performance tonight, perhaps he's not a lost cause after all.

Great all round display and if we can get past Everton at the weekend we've a run of very winnable games coming up.

Stephen Paul

we are looking good now , excellent last night .  pleased for Pelli

Rowley Birkin QC

Finally got to watch this match...

The general view bouncing around the media and the forums seems to be that our performance against Southampton at the weekend was one of our best. I beg to differ - it was a great win in the end, but I thought we were decidedly patchy. This game, however, was easily our best Premiership showing of the season so far.

Can't fault anything. We worked hard - even Yaya  :D ; helped each other out; good movement off the ball; excellent pressure on the opposition when they had possession. Much, much better! And every goal a gem! A first class TEAM performance.

Boyata hardly put a foot wrong - just one fluffed pass to Zaba in the first half that could have got us into trouble if the Sunderland player's first touch had been better, but otherwise he looked assured and comfortable. I like that he won most of his headers - and - he always tried to direct them towards a blue shirt (usually successfully). None of the aimless head tennis back up the throat of midfield straight back to an opponent that we so often see.

Very pleased with that. Well done City!

gavin

Would you play Boyata again today then? It will probably be DeMichelis and Mangala but I was impressed by Boyata too.

Rowley Birkin QC

Based on that performance (and Mangala's inconsistent ones) - yes, I'd give Boyata another start.

gavin

Not sure I would prefer him over Mangala and I doubt he will be but I was pleased that he started ahead of putting a full back there. That would have been the ultmate insult. Well OK not quite as bad as putting your keeper up front when you have a striker on the bench - eh Jon Macken.

Zabba

No Mangala is the future and needs to play. Great to see Boyata finding his feet mind, we need that depth.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Its nice to see our back up CB's are looking good with the busy Christmas period as well as the fa cup starting next month