News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City Spuds Thread

Started by KunDB, February 14, 2016, 15:26:31

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Starting 11:

Toure

+

Hart Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Otamendi, Clichy, Fernandinho, Fernando, Sterling, Silva, Aguero

Subs today Caballero, Kolarov, Demichelis, A.Garcia, M.Garcia, Celina, Iheanacho

VK back, it is like a new signing.

Toure rewarded for his outstanding performance against Leicester being the first name Pelle put on the on team sheet (as always).

KunDB

C'mon City we need a win badly

bluepill

Seems like our season is unravelling we have not been very convincing for a long time now in the league at least.

KunDB

Ridiculous Clattenburgh awarding a penalty, not much can be done about that.

KunDB

KunDB

Ultimately unlucky and done by a bad referee decision.

Swiss

Should have been 1-1.

Never a penalty

Kompany at fault for their "second" keeping the player on-side when he should have kept the line with the rest of the defence.

However, the defence seemed more composed.

Still our Midfield not competitive enough

Ludo

Absolutely awful decision for the penalty and a poor offside decision against Sergio just before their second.

Aguero and Silva severely off the boil today.

goat

Quote from: Zabba on February 14, 2016, 17:47:08
Kelechi is a star.

martal or whatever nailed  on for young player of the year tho

Neil Mcnab

It wasnt a bad performance. To win the league we would need to win every game and hope the others have a mare. No chance. If we were to lose to the dippers, the derby could define the season.

lee

i love this new rule for a pen..backball

Ludo

Quote from: goat on February 14, 2016, 18:45:49
martal or whatever nailed  on for young player of the year tho

Think Dele Alli has that one sown up.

gavin

Not a great performance from City but worthy of a draw at least. I actually thought Iheanacho was having a bit of a stinker before he finished with aplomb. Though, of course, nobody could match the sheer ineptitude of Clattenberg. I'm sure we'll see him reffing a top game again next week though because nobody can touch these refs no matter how shite they are. I didn't think Spuds were that good.

Swiss

I thought it was a decent game, pulsating but both defences holding well. Thought Spurs had the better of the CM but we were more dangerous down the wings.

Our first was a nicely worked move and nicely finished.

Obvs their first was not a pen. I thought Sterling did well to get back and he has got to be one of the unluckiest players ever. I've counted 3 fouls in the box we should have had pens on (Not in this game but over the season) that haven't been given and now this!

Their second, sorry Vinny, but he should have been keeping the line.

Rowley Birkin QC

We were OK - at times pretty good. Certainly a vast improvement on last week. Pellegrini's team choice was the right one and we looked solid enough, if a little less than scintillating going forward. But there's little you can do when a referee gives a dumb-arse decision like that. We were then obliged to bring on the extra striker and weaken midfield - and we always looked vulnerable to a quick counter punch after that.

Aguero and Silva (carrying that ankle presumably?) were a little off their game. Yaya was all right and I thought Sterling was good, but as Swiss said nothing went his way. 

Like gavin I thought Spurs looked pretty ordinary against an out of form City. I actually expected more from them. Presumably so did Clattenburg when he decided to give them a leg up.

Swiss

I thought we looked more dangerous when Nacho came on.

It's also telling when my spurs mate said, Yaya's having a poor match, all he's doing is ambling about the pitch fouling people... I said he's been doing that for the best part of 2 years!

gavin

I have not met a single person, even rags, who thinks that that was a penalty. Fucking Clattenberg.