News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

rags attempt to buy success (surely not...)

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, December 06, 2014, 10:07:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

I see that Louis Van Gaal is complaining bitterly this morning about the vulgar media drawing attention to the vast amount of money the rags are tossing out to rebuild his squad  ;D

150 million last summer with another 100 to 200 million in the kitty according to sources.

Did he think the rags could shell out that much and no body would notice? Van Gaal thinks "...it's disgusting, always writing about numbers" which is funny as their fans talk about little else when City are the subject of the conversation. Even the BBC website was moved to ponder -

" You might wonder about Financial Fair Play but because Manchester United bring in so much commercially they are in a position of strength. Those who argue FFP makes the bigger clubs stronger might have a point."

zacc

tis vulgar to talk about money so be nice if ones didn't mention it in the same sentence as City ;D

gavin

They have little option but to buy success just as we had little option. There's very few successful teams in the prem recently that haven't bought success but quite a few have bought failure!! FFP sure is a twisted system.

The money spent on footballers and their wages are vulgar and a disgrace to society. But that goes the same for bankers and numerous other professions as well. In fact I think it is great that football brings focus on it. Just maybe there will be a general public will to do something about it and create a fairer and more just society in the future if they read enough about it. But I can't see it soon. In the meantime I will just take solace in the fact that City are giving the rags their just desserts after all these years.

clevblue

Quote from: gavin on December 06, 2014, 13:04:34

The money spent on footballers and their wages are vulgar and a disgrace to society. But that goes the same for bankers and numerous other professions as well. In fact I think it is great that football brings focus on it. Just maybe there will be a general public will to do something about it and create a fairer and more just society in the future if they read enough about it. But I can't see it soon. In the meantime I will just take solace in the fact that City are giving the rags their just desserts after all these years.

absolutely right

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Theyl be fucked if they miss out on the top four again bit unfortunately I rekon theyl do it :(