News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The conundrum of Yaya

Started by gavin, March 26, 2016, 13:08:57

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Hearing City fans talk over the last few months you could be mistaken for thinking that the guy is now just a liability. However when you consider the games that he hasn't played and how lacking in direction we are without him, I still think that his departure would leave a massive hole in the team to be filled. He makes the midfield tick with his passing and runs to make himself available. I quite agree that at times he lets us down badly by letting players drift past him into dangerous areas but when he is left out it takes too much away from us. Still I think his inclusion is far more positive than negative to the team. Of course, the best thing would be to replace him with someone with all his strengths but fewer weaknesses but who is available? Is even the almost mythical by now Pogba up to it? Or are we just hoping for the impossible superman in midfield? Which brings me to Stephen Ireland. Why is it that players can be so fucking brilliant for a year or so and then nothing? And why is it I start to think too much when there's no proper football on for a weekend? Bring back the days when there used to be two City matches on Easter weekend - FA, UEFA, FIFA all wankers.

shandon

We have looked equally bad with him and without him in the team in the last few months.

bry the guy

I 100% agree Gavin,when he dosnt play you can see just how much we miss him its a strange one.

Swiss

Ball retention is worse when he's not in the team, his close control, strength and passing will never leave him. But his stamina has gone. I saw an article staying he's no longer a box 2 box midfielder but a centre circle operator.
But he's a liability when we don't have the ball.

If we are to keep him then we need to change the role he operates in. He either plays up front as a partner for Serge, or he plays with two capable CM's and performs the central playmaker role that Pirlo did. But i'd rather Silva did that

The issue with the Nando's is that neither have the nack of pass and move, Dinho is better... but not great at it. They pass and stop instead of moving into space.
Both are good at those little fouls that

Gareth

Quote from: gavin on March 26, 2016, 13:08:57
Bring back the days when there used to be two City matches on Easter weekend - FA, UEFA, FIFA all wankers.
How right you are - long Easter weekend and no City game at all when there should be two. What a waste of time.

Swiss

IMO this break couldn't have come at a better time. Gives some of the injured more time to recover. Gives city the chance to have a break and regroup for the final push.

Delph, KDB and Nasri are set to be back for the 2nd: might be too soon for Bournemouth but gives the squad a boost.

Hart back for WBA (9th APR)

Sterling and Vinnie back for the Arsenal match on the 7th May

No return date for Yaya

gavin

Players have come and gone with injury for most of the season with little change in consistency hence no back to back Prem wins for ages. De Bruyne has been brill at home but a waste of space away. It is a season of conundrums really.

nimrod

Sounds like more cakegate..

Toure's adviser Dimitry Seluk says Bayern Munich, Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain are among the clubs interested in signing the 32-year-old.

"City don't do anything concrete. Yaya has given everything for the club and we don't feel that this situation is the right way to show how much they appreciate him."

http://www.espnfc.com.au/story/2839683/manchester-citys-yaya-toure-begins-talks-european-clubs

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I'm sure Peps really arsed.

Pep will be hoping he's gone before he arrives. Saves him a job turfing him out.

lee

Quote from: AvS on March 30, 2016, 15:28:40
I'm sure Peps really arsed.

Pep will be hoping he's gone before he arrives. Saves him a job turfing him out.

spot on

nimrod

Its funny though but if you asked me who I thought had the biggest impact since the takeover I would say Yaya, he has been immense and scored vital goals again and again, the guy is a true City legend imo.

Lekos

Aguero more than Yaya, surely. Get your head checked Nimmers!

Who shot Mike Doyle?

What people have to realise  it that you can't replace Yaya full stop Pogba, Gungadin (Dortmund fella). None of them will ever be able to do what he does because he is unique. We were very lucky to have such  a talented player at his peak until about this time last year. But we have to move on as we have done with Pep and find a new way of playing post Yaya because no one in current world football can do that.

gavin

Good first post Mike, welcome.

Rowley Birkin QC

bry the guy

Neil Mcnab

His legs have gone, thats it for a player in his position in our league. He needs to go.

As for replacing him, Gunga Din (AKA Gundogan) has the same type of effect on Dortmund when playing as Vinny has to us.

I am sure two midfielders will come in, he could be one, but I am sure Pep knows who he wants.