News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Roma v City

Started by gavin, December 10, 2014, 19:34:39

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

TEAM NEWS @MCFC: Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Clichy, Fernandinho, Fernando, Navas, Nasri, Milner, Dzeko.

SUBS NEWS @MCFC: Cabellero, Sagna, Kolarov, Boyata, Lampard, Silva, Jovetic.

Here we go. No Vinny, no Silva, no Aguero but still City can do it with that team. But we have to be right at em from the first whistle. Don;t let them settle on the ball. Lets have it.

Lekos

I wish I shared your optimism, Gav. Looking at that team I can't help but think we're going to get ripped a new one.

Hopefully not, eh.

Ludo

Ludo

Hard to know what to make of that first half. We've had had a few half chances and they've looked dangerous on the break, especially down our right.

Still can't see what Navas brings to the side.

gavin

Decent first half and Navas was pretty dangerous I thought but maybe should have done better with delivery on a few occasions. I think we will win this second half. We've been the better side for 30 mins after a dodgy start. Ref giving them to 50/50s as usual though as that free kick for high feet near the end showed - both players had their feet at exactly the same height FFS!

Rowley Birkin QC

Finely balanced this - as Ludo said. We look OK, but we're going to have to take a few risks going forward and Roma look very quick on the break.

I'd stick with our set up as long as we dare before we change anything. We look well balanced, with some good width. However, the longer it goes 0-0 I suppose Pellers will be tempted to sacrifice some one for another attacking mid. If we go too narrow I think we'll play into Roma's hands. 

Lekos

It's just not working for Dzeko is it, looks well off the pace. Get Jovetic on.

Lekos

NASRI!!! THUNDERBASTARD!!!

Rowley Birkin QC

What do you think then? Squeaky bum time while we hang on for a 0-1?

Lekos

I hope we don't sit back

Lekos

I'd still get Dzeko off

goat

Quote from: Lekos on December 10, 2014, 21:06:33
I'd still get Dzeko off

:D

not sure hes earned it greeko

to be fair roma are bollocks

Neil Mcnab

Dzeko isnt adding anything, I agree. You must be psychic, Jovetic is coming on.

Lekos

Quote from: goat on December 10, 2014, 21:16:28
Quote from: Lekos on December 10, 2014, 21:06:33
I'd still get Dzeko off

:D

not sure hes earned it greeko

to be fair roma are bollocks

Haha. Trust you eh. He's been tugged off by Jovetic now anyway.

andy1966

Beyern 2-0 up in't other game

means CSK need 2 now , make that 3

Lekos

ZABBA! Done and done. Very impressed tonight. Cracked on and not sat back after the first.

Job well done

goat

gavin

Very good performance and particularly pleased for Nasri.  I think we've turned the corner in Europe and for this season in all comps. Some immense performances.

Rowley Birkin QC

Great win that! A memorable night in Europe for City!

Excellent all round team performance. Nasri had an especially good game and the two F's in the middle did really well - especially Fernandinho. Hart got his finger tips to the one that hit the post.

You were all a bit harsh on Dzeko - he doesn't look anywhere near fully fit to me.

Neil Mcnab

Great performance. What a difference having a midfield with commitment and workrate.