News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Semi Final Match Thread

Started by KunDB, April 23, 2017, 14:01:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Sane attacks so fast the rest of our 'strikers' are 2 minutes behind  :(

Rowley Birkin QC

Extra time and I'm more than a bit worried now. We look tired.

gavin

Delph and Fernando on. Not very positive. Aguero off. WTF!

Rowley Birkin QC

FFS how was that block a foul against Yaya!!!!!!!!!!!!

Led to the fucking goal. Ref is a joke.

gavin

Ref has had a shit game. Looks like Iheanacho to come on as the extra sub.

Hesperus

Ludo

Officials have had a shocker but we had it within ourselves to win that.

Neil Mcnab

Worst season since 2009-2010?

Hesperus

An unthinkable lose on Thursday  and we may well have the worst season since we first won the title. A prospect I would not have entertained after Pep took over.

Correction, as Mcnab points out. Worst season since 2009-10! Unbelievable.

KunDB

We got what we deserved today and this season.

The tactics may be right but not with this squad, all bluster but lacking up front.

Glum and not hopeful for Wednesday.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Hesperus on April 23, 2017, 17:34:52
Season over.

Indeed. And I for one couldn't care less what happens now (aside from beating the rags). I won't be that bothered if we miss out on the Champions League. This team needs some youth, pace and leadership in the forward half.

And Wenger is a lucky sod. Ref let his players get away with murder in the first half (and then started booking everything in the second and extra time!)  That has to be the worse, nastiest Arsenal team he has ever put out. Been learning too many of the dark arts from down the road at Chelsea.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Zabba on April 23, 2017, 17:42:10
The tactics may be right but not with this squad, all bluster but lacking up front.

I have to gently disagree. There wasn't enough "bluster"!!   Our tempo was pedestrian for most of the game and losing Silva slowed us down and made us even more deliberate than before. After we got the goal - we went positively catatonic! Like "Job done" FFS. Arsenal's effort inevitably went up and we didn't respond. We've been doing this since Pellegrini. Nothing seems to change? It has to be down to leadership on the pitch. Kompany does a great job down back - but we need some one in the forward half with the authority to keep peoples' minds on the job!

You can tell how sluggish we were from the fact that for long periods Yaya was our only truly aggressive force in the middle - with ANY PACE (FFS)! Things didn't really improve until Delph went on. KDB still not himself; Aguero still not quite the potent force around the box he used to be; Clichy and Navas are one trick ponies going forward. And Sterling was a complete waste of space.

More bluster would have been a considerable improvement - because to bluster you have to put some fucking effort in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KunDB

Ok point taken on bluster

How Pep could sit back and do nought when every City fan could see an Arsenal equaliser coming totally bewildered me.

Aguero's strength is negated by the way Pep plays him, same for DeBruyne. Clichy and Navas have to go, and we need a powerhouse in miidfiled and more goal scorers. Bravo is another weakness that needs addressed.

KunDB

Liverpool are losing with 15 minutes to go and we desperately need it to stay that way.

goat

think we miss gundogan more than we imagined

Neil Mcnab

Do Arsenal have better players than ours? They certainly seem to have a lot more energy. Sane looks like he needs a break, Fernandinho the same, Sterling is going through a poor patch. Toure was decent going forward, offered little when we didnt have the ball.

We need a significant signing in the CM, besides the rest we are looking to get. I have just read Zabba has the same thoughts on that.  Just concerned next season could be a write off as well, due to all the new players settling in.

Pep needs to step up his performance. Short of getting us relegated, he will never get the push. I could see him walking, if it all goes down the pan next season.

Ludo

Gundagan and Jesus could be like two new players next season but we're desperately in need of two full backs.

Any transfers need to be done quickly so they can get a full preseason in.

zacc

hey oh ::)
watched the game with our lad his wife is a gooner only bright spot was grandson had his City shirt on (provided by me)
anf his mum put a gooner hat on him which he repeatedly took off
:D

gavin

City were the better side for most of the game. very unusual for Arse to dominated in possession like that except against City. Their whole approach told me that they know that City are a better side. On chances though we probably only just edged it but again we had the chances to win. I don't think we are far away from being a top, top title winning side. If we don't get in Europe then we'll probably walk it next season. But if we don't get fourth then we're probably doomed to fifth and the effing Europa League. So best to get fourth eh. Fucking big game now Thursday with them wankers winning today. BIG.

gavin

McManaman praised Bravo for just launching the ball into touch. Arsenal scored from the throw. Maybe it is not such a great plan just to give away possession after all eh.