News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Ched Evans

Started by andy1966, January 04, 2015, 14:04:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludo

Quote from: goat on January 05, 2015, 15:25:10
one slightly amusing thing here the clowns probably didnt think through, if they keep stopping ched from working they will have to support him on benefits

I don't think anyone's actually stopping him working, just most right thinking people don't want him in such a high profile position, (cue the "Oldham's not high profile" jokes) and I'd imagine he's a fair bit away from being eligible for benefits.

goat

so basically any other job is the right level for rapists

again, clowns. not really right thinking are they, just jealous cunts

reddishblue

He could stand for parliament. Might fit in there.

Ludo

Quote from: goat on January 05, 2015, 18:17:15

Jealous of Evans? I doubt it, I don't suppose anyone desires to be a rapist.

But that's part of the problem with a high profile job like a professional sportsman, people will look up to him, they'll cheer or chant his name when he scores and that, for me, is wrong. I'm sure there's a fairly anonymous job out there somewhere he could do, in fact I'm certain there's already rapists and murderers already doing mundane jobs every day of the week.

citoeast

Yes any other job that does not put him as a role model, certainly not working with young children or those considered vulnerable. He has clearly shown his predatory instincts but no remorse and no consideration for his victim.

As Ludo says I doubt anyone of sane mind and basic level morals would be jealous of such a vile character as a convicted rapist.

goat

Quote from: Ludo on January 05, 2015, 18:56:14

Jealous of Evans? I doubt it, I don't suppose anyone desires to be a rapist.

the fact he was paid a lot of money was the obvious point

goat

Quote from: citoeast on January 05, 2015, 18:58:34

Yes any other job that does not put him as a role model, certainly not working with young children or those considered vulnerable. He has clearly shown his predatory instincts but no remorse and no consideration for his victim.

As Ludo says I doubt anyone of sane mind and basic level morals would be jealous of such a vile character as a convicted rapist.

so what you are saying is people that work in mcdonalds or on a building site for example are the same level as rapists if its ok for them to all work together

Ludo

Eh? You serious or just being a dick to court controversy.

goat

no more than your cockish thing about footballer being some magical job that should be a privilege

been others convicted of rape that have been allowed back in the game, so why not ched too

reddishblue

I think more security checks are required on people who serve burgers. They might have gone for shit and not washed their hands.

goat

but what if ched rapes the baps?

didnt think it through did they

Ludo

Playing a high profile professional sport isn't a privilege but the adulation is. No one cares who puts the tins of beans on a tesco shelf, no one cheers when a bin man puts the rubbish in the back of his lorry, no one runs after a brickie  looking for his autograph. But those things do happen to someone like Evans and if a rapist has gone back into a high profile team then that's wrong too; it's only because this case is current that it's Evans' name that being used.

reddishblue

Quote from: goat on January 05, 2015, 19:21:29
but what if ched rapes the baps?

didnt think it through did they

Or worse, wipes his finger on them.

goat

and yet the world didnt end when marlon king and graham rix came back

also nobody has to run after ched for his name on a bit of paper, its not like its a law that you must act a fawning twot over someone that can play a bit. if people are not happy with him playing thats fine, dont cheer when he scores...see how long that lasts

Ludo

It's no point arguing the toss it's obvious we're not going to agree on the subject and Evans isn't worth the time spent doing it.

goat

this was turning into the same thread as last time

ched wasnt a bad player at that level but a couple of years out will have ruined him. if he signs for a club i could see him being binned after a season or two anyway

gavin

What is 20,000 signatures on an online petition? Fuck all. How many people have an internet connection and can click? Okay there's one or two exempt from Norn Ireland cos they can't manage it but otherwise it is a lot.

Footballers are not role models. If any child is brought up to think that anything that a footballer does is golden then it is the parents that should be locked up. Some footballers are role models, some are wankers - like any other profession, just the percentages vary. Of course every footballer that plays for the rags is a complete cnut though.

goat

rumours that 3000 of them were citopest and his accounts were just made up now

goat

Quote from: gavin on January 05, 2015, 21:27:27
What is 20,000 signatures on an online petition? Fuck all. How many people have an internet connection and can click? Okay there's one or two exempt from Norn Ireland cos they can't manage it but otherwise it is a lot.

Footballers are not role models. If any child is brought up to think that anything that a footballer does is golden then it is the parents that should be locked up. Some footballers are role models, some are wankers - like any other profession, just the percentages vary. Of course every footballer that plays for the rags is a complete cnut though.

spot on about the role models bit baldo, most kids are likely to grow out of that shit by the time they are 10 or something

reddishblue

Quote from: goat on January 05, 2015, 21:32:29
rumours that 3000 of them were citopest and his accounts were just made up now
:D