News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The Epic 17/18 Season Transfer thread

Started by Swiss, May 29, 2017, 22:09:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

I don't know why everyone gets so hung up on money. Doesn't mean anything anymore

zacc

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on July 13, 2017, 20:42:25
I don't know why everyone gets so hung up on money. Doesn't mean anything anymore

It annoys me that were such a soft touch and we give the impression that we are buying success too quickly, Id prefer to build a team slowly rather than buy one quickly. I like the way Spurs are doing it.

shandon

Spurs don't have as much money to spend though.

Lekos

Their wage cap is around 100k / week.  They have cash, all Premier League clubs have lots of cash.  That wage structure won't last long, or if they stick to it don't expect to see them in the top 4 / 5 for much longer.

Hesperus

Walker signed officially. We have a right back!

Hesperus

Not my favourite player if I'm honest but certainly a big improvement on Sagna and Zabba of late.

Welcome to city Kyle. Looking forward to seeing you bombing down the wing. All the best.

Swiss

The price was inflated for 3 reasons:
1)He's English, for some reason that carries a premium...
2) We are desperate for a decent FB
3) We need HG players

These are two facts we cannot hide from the market & the seller knows it.

Had we invested in full backs 2 years ago, we would not have been in the same position and we would have had a better bargaining position.
That being said, Spurs didn't have to sell.

nimrod

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on July 14, 2017, 14:19:59
Their wage cap is around 100k / week.  They have cash, all Premier League clubs have lots of cash.  That wage structure won't last long, or if they stick to it don't expect to see them in the top 4 / 5 for much longer.

Maybe so, but if they can keep their manager (big if) they might win it this time or next.

anyway 1 positive from buying Walker is at least Pep is acknowledging we need good defenders

Hesperus

Mendy strongly rumoured to be joining next maybe even early next week. I've just read that Mendy has also just followed Walker on instagram, which sounds promising.

Swiss

Swiss

Apparently Joe Hart has completed his medical at WHAM. loan moved mooted

Swiss

Seems like Maffeo has yet to go back on loan somewhere yet...

gavin

It'd be nice to see him given the backup role to Walker but doubt he will be.

Hesperus

Unless we sign another RB I can't see any other option than to use Maffeo unless we are going to plan on using Fernandinho as RB cover (which would be shortsighted by the club imo).  So I hope we give him a chance too.

Swiss

Reports of Real Madrid's back up RB: Danilo are circling again.

Press saying he was awful last year

Swiss

andy1966

Sky News reporting Aguero might be going to Chelsea, who are very interested in signing him

Swiss

We've been going through this for 18 months now