News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sanchez

Started by Paddy, June 11, 2017, 10:07:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

According to a report on BBC sport Sunday gossip column, Alexis has finalised a move to City this summer. Fact or fiction !!!

Swiss

Never count your chickens before they hatch

Neil Mcnab

He has agreed terms according to a hack in Chile. So if he turns up, he knows how much he will get paid. Will Arsenal sell him to us though?

gavin

Arsenal have tended to be pragmatic about these things, preferring to to let players who want to move go. But of course the money would have to be right for them. Though he's undoubtedly a great player, if we have to spend daft then I think it should be elsewhere in the team.

Swiss

£50 mil being quoted - 'cheap' for a player of his stature in todays climate where LFC can pay £70mil for Virgil!

KunDB

Price is related to time left on contract and player's age.

Swiss

Not always - relative worth to the buying team can be taken into account.
Then there's always the fact that the selling club could cut their noses off to spite their face should they so chose.

Ludo

Certainly a great player and would be an excellent addition to the squad but not a priority.

Paddy

who is your priority player, Sanchez seems priority to me, cannot think of any better at the mo...

nimrod

Quote from: Paddy on June 23, 2017, 23:36:18
who is your priority player, Sanchez seems priority to me, cannot think of any better at the mo...

Personally I don't want him
Yet another 50plus million pound player who will be able to get a really nice massive salary

What if he doesn't produce the goods,  there's been many that haven't, we'll be stuck with another ageing  player we can't get rid off because of his huge wages.
He will be 29 in December
City's buying policy is a joke.

Neil Mcnab

Sanchez is proven in our league, gives 100% and is one of the best players in the world. I agree we do find it difficult to move on players who have not worked out and nothing is guaranteed. We want to win the league and the chumps, Sanchez would be an asset to do that. He should have at least three more years at the top, many more probably. While we need to build, the manager is judged on the now. Spurs are looking for £50 million for Walker, who can run a lot, but has difficulty with being in the right place and defending - mistakes. Compared to that, the same for Sanchez is a bargain.
The only negative to me is I have heard he kicks up shit with team mates.

nimrod

Seems to me the plan is too keep buying 50 million pound players till we win chumps league
That's not the way I want to go, I'd rather wait and build a team from young players , Pep being the best manager in the world  (according to some) should be able to do that without spending 200 million every window.
Sanchez is a proven prem player, so was Nasri and Adebayor. I really don't want to give Arsenal another 50 million for yet another one of their players.
I expect he will come though, along with Walker .

Swiss

Having another player who can score 20 to 30 goals in a season can't hurt. However i too am in 2 minds for lots of reasons.

Pep was critical that we werent tucking away enough goals last season.
His move seems to be to get rid of Nolito and Navas. Replace with sanchez.

Aguero. Jesus. Sané. Sanchez. Sterling.

Three slots for the 5 to compete. Not a bad conundrum

Gareth

It might not be a bad conundrum for you, but if Sanchez does the same calculation, I imagine his opinion would be different.

Swiss

Well sterling isn't kicking on from his early promise. So basically he has to oust 1 of the other three

Neil Mcnab

What about Roberts as well? Not impossible Aguero will go if Sanchez comes in.

gavin

After all that has been said, most notably by the chairman, I don't think Sergio is going anywhere. That said, I am also in two minds as to whether we really need Sanchez at this stage even though he is a top player. It would be an impossible task to keep everyone happy, surely.

Swiss

Reports are that roberts is to go on loan or be sold. Shame really

Gareth

Quote from: Swiss on June 25, 2017, 17:23:39
Well sterling isn't kicking on from his early promise. So basically he has to oust 1 of the other three

Ah, I see! It's so easy when it's put like that - not really a conundrum at all.

Swiss

Just playing devils advocate