News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sanchez/Sterling

Started by KunDB, August 29, 2017, 11:40:24

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Link

Reports that Sterling to be used as part of deal to prise Sanchez away from Arsenal.

Hesperus

Last desperate days of the transfer window. I can't believe we'd even entertain the idea.

Lekos

Quote from: Hesperus on August 29, 2017, 12:00:26
Last desperate days of the transfer window. I can't believe we'd even entertain the idea.

Why on earth not?  Sanchez for Sterling plus some cash is a no brainer.  Do it.

KunDB

I do worry about Guardiola and City's leadership.

We have been led to believe we needed useless and paceless massively overpriced Evans because he is home grown. A very bad buy imo.

Then, we seek to dispose of one of our best and young first team home grown players in exchange for a much older foreign player?

I like Sanchez and he is class but boy oh boy we are so obviously desperate Arsenal can play us like a fiddle if they want and make us pay extortionately for a player we can have next season for nought? 

Lekos

Sterling isn't that good and Sanchez is world class (or there abouts).  Easy choice to make. 

gavin

Sterling has been one of the, if not the, most effective player for us so far this season. He's only 22 and English. Stupid idea.

nimrod

Fucks  sake...

I thought we were lowering the average age of the team

Sanchez, Evans, both nearly 30

Hesperus

Quote from: Lekos on August 29, 2017, 12:15:48
Sterling isn't that good and Sanchez is world class (or there abouts).  Easy choice to make.

It's all about opinions because I totally disagree. 😊

Sanchez 2 or 3 years ago was world class. He's not now and has probably 2 years left at the top. Sterling is not as good but has lots of potential to develop, especially under Pep.

Sterling + cash for Sanchez smacks of desperation to me. If it was going to be this difficult to sign Sanchez we should have moved on to anther target a long time ago

This deal would be very short sighted deal.

Anyhow, I really don't believe there is any truth in it. Just John 'Arsenal' Cross causing mischief in the media to sell copy.

Lekos

Quote from: Hesperus on August 29, 2017, 12:44:54
It's all about opinions because I totally disagree. 😊

Yup, that's fair enough. I don't think there's any question that right now Sanchez is a far higher calibre of player than Sterling. Therefoee signing him would improve us.

Even if he has only got 2 / 3 years left in him that's enough for a couple of titles and a champions league  :D

I don't understand how improving a squad could be desperation. Sanchez is clearly better than Sterling right now. That's all it's about.

Sterling hasn't shown any signs he's got much more improving to do. Unfortunately just an expensive SWP for me.

If it happens in all for it.  Front three of Aguero, Jesus and Sanchez? Yes please.

bry the guy

With no champs league i dont think they will leave this season.

goat

Quote from: Hesperus on August 29, 2017, 12:44:54
. Sterling is not as good but has lots of potential to develop, especially under Pep.

potential is great as long as the player reaches it.

id prefer a player we know can do it instead of one that might..if we are lucky

weve been burned with english potential greats before

micah never did  figure out that defending thing ( in the season preview in 4-4-2 he was picked as the player villa fans wanted out the club..in the championship!)
swp never got the hang of crossing, not great for a  winger
hart never improved his ability with his feet despite how many years of it being obvious

the one that still pisses me off is michael johnson. he could have been captain by now but ah well

KunDB

Quote from: nimrod on August 29, 2017, 13:13:02
They prefer Sergio

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-transfer-news-sergio-aguero-alexis-sanchez-raheem-sterling-manchester-city-a7917981.html

Quote "City contacted Arsenal this morning with their latest offer for the Chilean forward, who they have been chasing all summer. But Arsenal responded this morning by telling City to include Aguero as part of the price for Sanchez."

Hesperus

I agree Sanchez is a better player than Sterling, that's not in doubt and I'd love Sanchez at City, but just not at the expense of Sterling.

I know it's only 2 games in but Sterling has already got us out of 2 holes this season and personally i think he has improved during his time with us. He just hasn't kicked on maybe as much as we hoped. He has pace and scores a few goals too, which is something our midfield lacks.

Hesperus

Quote from: goat on August 29, 2017, 15:01:26

the one that still pisses me off is michael johnson. he could have been captain by now but ah well

Yep, he had it all, but injury, Kebabs and booze did for him.

Neil Mcnab

I hope this goes through, because Sterling will feel top of the world as the makeweight in a deal?
Sterling is a good player, not world class. Sanchez is what we need. Sterling is a London lad, so might be up for it.
Always felt if Sanchez comes in, one of the forward line would be binned off.
As for Aguero going, not a chance, he is too good for them, a step down. Also I think he would not want to sign a long contract, as he wants to end his career in Argentina.

Gareth

Quote from: Hesperus on August 29, 2017, 15:46:40
Yep, he had it all, but injury, Kebabs and booze did for him.

Could've been a great, but I think the kebabs and booze were self-medication for problems that few realised at the time, not the cause of his problems. He deserves some sympathy. I hope he finds a way to live peacefully with his demons.

Hesperus

Quote from: Gareth on August 30, 2017, 06:35:11
Could've been a great, but I think the kebabs and booze were self-medication for problems that few realised at the time, not the cause of his problems. He deserves some sympathy. I hope he finds a way to live peacefully with his demons.

You obviously have some insight there Gareth that we are not privy to. Yes good luck to him.

lee

city lawyers apparently in chile to snag sanchez...looks like arsenal are gonna lose the ox and mustafi as well..i bet west brom finish above arsenal this season  :D

KunDB

I could never envisage Arsenal risk losing him for next year for nought. The past shows they are money orientated.

Just glad we are favourites for getting him.