News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sanchez

Started by nimrod, December 05, 2017, 22:42:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

I wouldn't be quite so opposed to us going after Alexis again in the window now that I think it's pretty clear this wouldn't (couldn't) mean the end for Raheem Sterling (either by transfer away or by loss of status among the playing squad). I'd rather have Virgil van Dijk than Alexis, though. He fills a bigger need for City, plus Pool not having him is better for us than Arsenal not having Alexis.

Swiss

I don't know about van Dijk. Granted I've only really seen him on motd and against us, but gets caught out of position too often with basic defending mistakes.

gavin

I bet the rest of the prem is delighted at the thought of us getting even better!

Neil Mcnab

Sanchez is a great player, good competition for places and cover for injuries. He is or was a great competitor and that will to win could help us. Only fly for me is he is going through the motions at Arsenal after not getting his way. It would be no different for us, would it.

Gareth

Yes, agreed. But he must know how Pep works and surely can't be trying to move to City on the basis that he's somehow more special than anyone currently at the club. And it's also becoming increasingly clear that Pep seems to know what he's doing! So I'm prepared to give Alexis the benefit of the doubt, as long as it's someone else's £50mil that pays for him...

Edit: ... and that there's no more nonsense about such a move affecting Sterling's place at the club.

KunDB

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on December 22, 2017, 11:35:48
Sanchez is a great player, good competition for places and cover for injuries. He is or was a great competitor and that will to win could help us. Only fly for me is he is going through the motions at Arsenal after not getting his way. It would be no different for us, would it.

After Arsenal screwed up his summer move to us, Chile missed out on World Cup, why would he risk a move in January by committing all out with the possibility of injury blowing his move. Mentally, he has long departed Arsenal.

Neil Mcnab

I think Sanchez would be a great addition to every team in the world. But compare him to Coutinho. He is more like Tevez. But yes, Pep does appear to have a small knowledge of the game and is likely to have a plan.

nimrod

Ive given up questioning any player Pep wants to buy , even JFE  ::)

The guys a fucking genius

Swiss

C'Mon... JFE? Smells of a smoke screen! Unless it's to turn him into the world's best CB and really rub it in utd's face...

But given the high line we play, surely someone with a bit of pace would be nice...

gavin

Can Dijk looks a better bet at the back to me. Sanchez has it in him to be world class. Whatever is happening with him at Arsenal doesn't necessarily reflect how he'd be at City. It is clear to me that Wenger lost the plot and many of his players a couple of years ago.

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on December 23, 2017, 12:23:36
Can Dijk looks a better bet at the back to me. Sanchez has it in him to be world class. Whatever is happening with him at Arsenal doesn't necessarily reflect how he'd be at City. It is clear to me that Wenger lost the plot and many of his players a couple of years ago.

Wenger & Co dropped a massive bollock not selling Sanchez last summer, 60 million we offered

Turns out we dont really need him, unless Kun fecks off

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on December 23, 2017, 00:54:24
C'Mon... JFE? Smells of a smoke screen! Unless it's to turn him into the world's best CB and really rub it in utd's face...

But given the high line we play, surely someone with a bit of pace would be nice...

Pep Guardiola has serious interest in acquiring Skriniar, and the feeling is mutual. His representatives have approached Inter’s sporting director, Walter Sabatini, about facilitating an exit from the San Siro.

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/exclusive-man-city-closing-in-on-star-serie-a-defender-83919

gavin

A class finish for his second tonight, he took it down beautifully and slid it past the keeper. It compares well with Sergio's efforts last night. Though Sergio was very good in the previous match.

Arsenal close the gap to 21 points 😊

zacc

Quote from: bluebrendan on December 12, 2017, 09:35:03
We don't need him, he's just 6 months younger than Sergio so hardly a long-term buy, I'd rather we picked up another Jesus or Sane.

yup agree

Swiss

He was spotted in Paris over the Xmas break...

Arsenal desperate not to sell to us...

KunDB

I think we will buy him January. Hard to resist given the impact he could have on rest of our season given our misfiring strikers. Also, he would have a major impact on our chances of winning the Champions League.

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on December 29, 2017, 11:38:14
He was spotted in Paris over the Xmas break...

What does that mean ?

Does him being in Paris at Xmas mean were more likely to be getting him........or less ?

Lekos

Means it's more likely than not he's buying a poodle

Swiss

Could mean he was taking his family to Paris for Xmas... Or it could mean that he was chatting to PSG.

Thing is, with our position at the top of the league, it's a great incentive for a major honour for less than half a season at a club!