News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Yaya

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, May 04, 2018, 14:07:15

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Off at the end of the season.

Legend in my eyes that lad.

Hesperus

Lost a lot of respect for him after the cake issue, and his idiot agent, but can't deny in his pomp he was unstoppable, a real leader. Thanks Ya Ya.

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes, a few attitude issues, but I'll forgive him that. The big fella was a vital part of our revival. And as Hesperus put it so well - at one time seemingly unstoppable when he got a head of steam up.

There was also a time when if we won a free within a 35 degree arch of an opponent's goal, just outside the box, and Yaya stepped up - it was almost as good as a penalty!

Neil Mcnab

Yes, at his best unstoppable going forward and could be lethal from free kicks. Must be the most expensive per minute played in the world this season. Without the ball lacking. See KDB for working for the team without the ball.

gavin

He was probably the most crucial player in our previous title successes and cup wins. This season has turned into a long lap of honour for him but I don't begrudge him it for a second. I remember seeing him playing for Olympiakos at CoMS in a friendly, it was clear then what a great player he was. Nobody is perfect, least of all Yaya, but he was one hell of a footballer. One of the best to wear a City shirt.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

G'wan our Gav!

Plenty in the tank there sir!

lee

simply lovely

Ludo

Definitely a club legend despite his idiosyncrasies.

His goals in the final and semifinal of the 2011 FA Cup will live long in the memory.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

KunDB

Top quality player, ball was always glued to him, calm and controlling even when the heat was on.

Shame he wasn't mid 20's and joining instead of mid 30's and at tail end of a truly great career.

I hope City buy him an enormous cake to say farewell and thanks for being superb quality.

goat

last year or so hes looked every bit his 46 years

zacc

Appears to have got a great send off today  ;)