News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Potters v City

Started by 93:2012, February 11, 2015, 19:46:27

Previous topic - Next topic

93:2012

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Nasri, Milner, Silva, Aguero

C'mon City

silvablue

Struggling already and nearly a goal down.

Rowley Birkin QC

The one person you're supposed to mark at corners gets a free header!!

Mangala looks a bit lost.

silvablue

Is it just me that thinks a £32m defender should know how to tackle?

Zabba

We need a goal by any means as it is clear we are sorely lacking confidence.

goat

if i was offered 0-0 and the game ends now id take it

gavin

We HAVE to win. Draw is useless. We need something to go in for Sergio to get him up and running again.

Zabba

Sorry is it Hart in goal or Coco the clown, hard to tell really.

Rowley Birkin QC

What's wrong with Hart today?

gavin

Not looking good is it.

goat

Rowley Birkin QC

We're making Moses look like a world class player at the moment. Just shows what a bit of skill and some genuine pace can do to to trouble us.

goat

would help if city looked arsed

Lekos

That fucking kit isn't helping either.

Zabba

Second touch, third fourth fifth, never release that is us. dreadful.

Rowley Birkin QC

Hmmmm - I think we're starting to settle a little now. Moving the ball a little better (in spite of Fernandinho's stuff up)

Rowley Birkin QC

Aguero... now he IS a world class player

Zabba

Long ball football, direct, pace, urgency, superb finish. Absolutely what we needed.

Ludo

goat

one man, weve only got one man, only got one man...

Lekos

Haha. Didn't last long.

Ludo

Fuck me, what was that!!

Zabba

One player to mark and our defence and fucking awful goalie cannot do even that.

goat

is it in his contract that hart doesnt have to dive? the amount of goals where he does that hop or sits down is fucking crazy

Zabba

Win or lose or draw we look a shadow of the team we should be. Most players look short of form and confidence. Milner, Aguero and Silva excepted.

Rowley Birkin QC

We should try not to panic. Thought we were starting to look OK going forward just before and after Aguero's goal.

goat

massive bellend aguero

Zabba

I am not sure his hand touched the ball. May have but I am convinced the officials could not be sure.

Ludo

I thought that was a harsh decision

Rowley Birkin QC

I've only seen one replay and couldn't spot it! TV commentators seemed confident enough that it was hand ball...

Like I said - no need for panic yet. I think we've more goals in us. Problem is - stopping Stoke from scoring at the other end...

Ludo

Just sen a replay and it was hand ball.

zacc

must be me thought it a header.
then again Milner got away with a hand ball early on which shoulda been a penalty for Stoke
so is that it evened up?
headless comes to mind and Mangala has no idea what he's mean to be doing spmeone saw City coming when they sold him!! 

Ludo

If you see it again he actually misses it with his head and sticks his hand out.

Zabba

No he certainly got his head to the ball.

Rowley Birkin QC

Everton holding Chelsea so far incidentally...

gavin

We need to get someone else in to sort out the defence. It is a shambles and not improving.

Ludo

Kolarovs a prick

Quote from: Zabba on February 11, 2015, 20:47:02
No he certainly got his head to the ball.

No he didnt

gavin

Head then hand for me. Francis seems to think it was going in off his head but I don't think it was even though it definitely glanced his head at least.

Rowley Birkin QC

Super Milner!

Fine work from Nasri and Silva

Zabba

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss

Ludo

Swiss

The angles I saw I couldn't tell. Bloody good sight from the lino considering it was on the other side of his head...

We've lost that fear factor and just plain aren't good enough atm. Bloody crouch always scores against us!

Rowley Birkin QC

Come on City! Don't switch off - go and get another

Zabba

Wonderful seeing us finally playing with pace and purpose. Lets keep it up.

goat

Ludo

Zabba

Silva superb. Aguero great.

clevblue

pleased for james. Is it just me or is  Pelle more nervous than usual?

Rowley Birkin QC

Rowley Birkin QC

Nasrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrri   !!!!!!

goat

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on February 11, 2015, 21:14:12
Aguero's injured.

and in less predictable news, tomorrow is thursday

Zabba

Nasriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

We are firing again. Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Ludo

Think Aguero's was just a bit of cramp.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on February 11, 2015, 21:18:48
Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on February 11, 2015, 21:14:12
Aguero's injured.

and in less predictable news, tomorrow is thursday

Actually were I am - tomorrow is Friday  :D

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Ludo on February 11, 2015, 21:20:59
Think Aguero's was just a bit of cramp.

Didn't look too serious did it.

goat

Rowley Birkin QC

Rowley Birkin QC

Fecking chavs have just scored in the last minute.

(Barry sent off a couple of minutes before that)

goat

fucking barry sent off

Swiss

Nasri's run and goal reminds me of his arsenal days

Bit of a confidence booster this

Zabba

So much better tonight. Bony and Yaya as well returning soon.

Swiss

I wouldn't say completely better. First half usual problems and Mangala looks like bambi on ice still.

gavin

Yes, we got going in the second half but it could so easily have gone the other way in the first. The defence is still very concerning. Nevertheless thank fook we won  :D.

Rowley Birkin QC

To my eyes, from just before the opening goal, going forward we suddenly settled, our tempo improved, and we started to pass the ball around quickly (For once - Fernandinho letting the side down at times...) and Stoke then went onto the back foot a bit. From that point I was convinced we had some goals in us and reasonably confident we'd win it.

But - Oh! Our defending... especially in the first half.

Ludo

The biggest problem seems to be at home when teams drop back and play on the break. We simply don't seem to have a plan B.

Zabba

Have to sing the praises of Milner, Silva, Nasri and Aguero. Fantastic performances tonight.

Our defence is so poor we may forget any prospect of winning PL or CL.

Rowley Birkin QC

Aside from the first half defending, I am still really chuffed with last night's win. Should have been a difficult game for us based on Stoke's recent record and our current form, but we had too much talent for them in the end.

What a shame Chelsea spoilt things with fluking a win against the Toffees! Sounds like the end of that game was a joke. How can Ivanovic do this -

- and not be sent off? Was he claiming he was protecting the ref? Barry of course had just been sent off - and Ivanovic went on to play a role in Chelsea's late, late goal a couple of minutes later.

Chelsea have certainly become the new rags when it comes to influencing / harassing refs. Up there with the very best verbal assaults that Wayne, Rio, Paul and Gary used to constantly assail the officials with (and go unpunished). Very noticeable how the chavs were constantly in the ref's ear when we went to Stamford Bridge.

Can't understand why the FA haven't clamped down on this disgraceful behaviour. The rules are clear.

goat

apparently ivanovic was biting an all

bry the guy

He who laughs last laughs the loudest hahaha