News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Bournemouth

Started by KunDB, August 25, 2019, 13:49:54

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Laporte, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Silva (C), De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero

Subs | Bravo. Angelino, Rodrigo, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Cancelo, Foden

C’mon City

Rowley Birkin QC

Aguero with the settler after some headless chicken stuff from Ederson and Walker,

Rowley Birkin QC

Fair do's. Great free kick goal from Wilson - but was it actually a free kick?

KunDB

Rowley Birkin QC

Good win without getting out of third gear.

David Silva was excellent.

KunDB

I give up on VAR now. It is just showing how incompetent the refereeing officials are, on and off the field.

lee

penalty all day long...if that was any other team it would have been given

gavin

First game I haven't watched live either at the game or on telly or stream for a good while. Went for a walk instead. This VAR nonsense is really putting me off football. They just seem to want to use it to chalk off goals for marginal reasons. Have seen the goals now. A win is a win even if it wasn't a great performance, apparently. Well done City.

lee

fookin ell gav..i felt like you last week and then it wore off as the week went on and then today i was excited as its match day and it's city..i had a few var moments before kick off..

good to hear the city fans singing var is shit

bluebrendan

Quote from: lee on August 25, 2019, 17:28:34
penalty all day long...if that was any other team it would have been given
Chelsea, rags and Spurs all had clear cut pens not given and the decisions were not overturned by VAR this weekend, it seems that the PL version of VAR isn't going to overrule the on-field ref too often on pens.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Just watched MOTD, a definite pen. Thellads in the studio didn't even discuss it! Jokers.

KunDB

If this is not given what is the point. David Silva running at pace at the Bournemouth goal has his foot stamped on by a panicking Bournemouth defender. (Click on photo to enlarge)

The radio commentary even said they could hear the contact from the position.

It is just ridiculous.

gavin

The bar to disallow a goal is less than a mm high. The bar to give a pen is insurmountable. It is a very negative outlook for VAR and football.

Stephen Paul

Def penalty . VAR is a joke

So these people judging the incidents on VAR call the shots . Wonder how many of them are biased cunts