News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

at wolves

Started by gavin, December 27, 2019, 20:52:38

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

oh aye, get hamsik in!

nah, koulibaly

Paddy

Swiss; The whole defence need a major tweak as does the midfield and we also need another striker; but most of all we need some height in most strategic positions

goat

so other than at the back, midfield and up front you are ok with the team?

Paddy

Paddy

Goat, u and I should open a separate page so we can both slag each other off !!!

goat

hahah crack on fella

Paddy

O r we could just pretend lol

goat

nah, already started a thread for you lad

Paddy

You don't realise but u and I have known each other on this forum for at least ten years on and off. Your not a bad fellow in fact I like u a lot (Not like that), but have always been good crack, I even ember when u were persona non grata...

goat

the people ive had rows with blur into one over the years

Paddy

Many and often, and I admire u for it. Are u actually as your user name would refer ie: "Goat", Welsh ?

goat

who the fuck would pretend to be welsh?

and the goat is in honour of citys greatest ever bermudan

Paddy

Thanks for showing your true colours !!! I salute u

Swiss

Quote from: Paddy on December 27, 2019, 23:24:57
Swiss; The whole defence need a major tweak as does the midfield and we also need another striker; but most of all we need some height in most strategic positions

GK: Ederson, Bravo - happy (plus 3rd kerper)

RB: I'm happy with wslker/cancelo.

CB: Laporte/ Otamendi/ Taylor/ Garcia

LB: if Mendy can work on his concentration... Zinchenko is a good squad player. But one will likely have to make way.

DM: I like Rodri.

CM: KDB, Foden, Bernado

Wide Forward: Sterling, Mahrez

ST: Aguero, Jesus (who I think is a better midfielder than striker)

Leaving space for 7 players to replace for the 24 man squad

I think Fernandinho, D. Silva and Sane will go (not that I want them to)
I'd rather swap gundogan for some energy...
I've gone with stones

Shopping list.

1 x CB
1 x LB
1 x CM
1 x Wide forward
1 x Striker

Plus 2 kids

Paddy

Hey Swiss u def need to review your choice, it stinks as have many of your previous predictions over the previous seasons

gavin

Pep still insistent that were buying nobody in his recent pressers. Last night was depressing. I could do with something to excite again at the start of January now. If decent players at the back or quick attackers are available then we should pounce.

Hesperus

Quote from: Swiss on December 28, 2019, 00:22:49

Shopping list.

1 x CB
1 x LB
1 x CM
1 x Wide forward
1 x Striker

Plus 2 kids

I agree with your shopping list but that’s 5 first team players required! The question has to be asked, how has the club allowed the first team to need that much surgery? Very poor planning and recruitment policy, I thought we were better run than that.

KunDB

The problems lie within defence mainly. We are vulnerable to a ball over the top as we lack pace in defence. Otamendi is average and slow. Mendy a clueless wimp. Walker lacks concentration. Bravo is no better than Joe Hart.

Rebuild around Laporte and Garcia. Get a competent back up goalie as a matter of urgency.

Our best hope this season has to be retaining the Carabao Cup as we are nowhere near good and competent enough to win the CL.

The secret of top top teams is the manager getting rid of the top players at the right time (as they just go over their peak) and ditching the bad players ASAP. Pep has failed to do that.

lee

i blame pep for last night's defeat..mahrez should have come off first when eddy got sent off and kev should never have come off...depressing stuff

KunDB

I would add how any sane person/manager would allow Sterling to take a penalty is beyond me. He is pathetic at it.