News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

at wolves

Started by gavin, December 27, 2019, 20:52:38

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

Quote from: KunDB on December 28, 2019, 09:24:35
The problems lie within defence mainly. We are vulnerable to a ball over the top as we lack pace in defence. Otamendi is average and slow. Mendy a clueless wimp. Walker lacks concentration. Bravo is no better than Joe Hart.

Rebuild around Laporte and Garcia. Get a competent back up goalie as a matter of urgency.

Our best hope this season has to be retaining the Carabao Cup as we are nowhere near good and competent enough to win the CL.

The secret of top top teams is the manager getting rid of the top players at the right time (as they just go over their peak) and ditching the bad players ASAP. Pep has failed to do that.

agree with most of what you write

we need a big bastard centre half thats about 7 foot tall that can win a header..

give spurs what they want for kane

Swiss

I agree, Pep has to take a share of the blame.

By taking off attacking players, we had no respite and invited wolves onto us.

I'm not going to bash Mendy too much, he wasnt the only one that contributed to our downfall

Rowley Birkin QC

Mendy was clearly fouled.

Quote from: lee on December 28, 2019, 09:51:04

we need a big bastard centre half thats about 7 foot tall that can win a header..

Yes, this has occurred to me (last season, as well as this). Too often out-muscled in the midfield 50/50's 

Stephen Paul

Fernandinho is badly missed in midfield

goat

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on December 29, 2019, 03:42:20
Mendy was clearly fouled.

Yes, this has occurred to me (last season, as well as this). Too often out-muscled in the midfield 50/50's

de jong available?

as great as the midfield is nobody is likely to be scared of them without the ball

Hesperus

That why we miss Fernandinho so much in midfield. The Fernandinho experiment in defence hasn’t worked. We’ve lost 5 games now and I doubt we’d have lost any more had he stayed in midfield. I think Pep is very stubborn though and won’t change it until Laporte gets back in Feb.

goat

christ knows how far we will be behind in february

the way things are now with the club ending with the milk and fa cups will be a bad year if we are 20 points behind the dippers

Paddy

I agree with both Lee and  KunDB. Sterling should never had to take pen but who else ?>. KDB should have never been replaced, nor Marez (Not a (fav). but both keeping middle field and def attack from advancing. choices lead to enforce attack from opposition. End of...