News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Predictions for Barcelona away . We'd.1945

Started by Stephen Paul, March 15, 2015, 13:09:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

is this going to be an embarrassing hammering or can we pull it off . Not much left to play for so go for it

3 2 City

KunDB

3 0 Barcelona at a cruise. Men against no sexism please.

Victoria

If I were City I'd stay at home, season officially ends on Wednesday.

Ludo

bluebrendan

In the faint hope that MP starts with 1 up front I'll go for 2-2.

gavin

bluepill

we will show too little too late and slink off until next season pocketing huge wages 4-2 barca . We will probably score first just to torture city fans into hoping a little longer before being cruelly crushed into oblivion.

bry the guy

2-1 city win on pens with Messi missing again.

reddishblue

Hart to fuck up with his distribution and gift Barca 2 goals. 3-2 City.

zacc

KunDB

Barcelona 2/5
Man City 13/2
Draw 4/1

The odds say it all, we have a small chance but it is very unlikely that this team can seize it.

I have never predicted a City loss before but I have this time (3 0), because the reality is we are light years behind Barcelona.

goat

all end in tears and about 5 threads about who next manager will be

blanc?

Rowley Birkin QC

We could have a thread for each prospective manager - and two for Benitez

Neil Mcnab

No to Benitez.

Cant see anything other than a Barca victory. 4-1 to Barca.

Hesperus

I'm going for 2-0 to us. My thinking(hope!) is that Barca found the first leg so easy that they may just not turn up believing the game to be a formality. They'll average 70% possesion and we'll hit them on the break twice.

Leewonpen

Revert to "no strikers" and overload midfield.....3-1 City

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Hesperus on March 18, 2015, 10:16:59
I'm going for 2-0 to us. My thinking(hope!) is that Barca found the first leg so easy that they may just not turn up believing the game to be a formality. They'll average 70% possesion and we'll hit them on the break twice.

Nice thought Hesperus, but having being reminded of what Aguero can do in the first leg, I think they'll be quite alert and wary of us. I can't see them being overly complacent anyway.

We might need an early goal. Not beyond the realms of reason - if we start brightly, before Barca have fully woken up. City taking an early lead probably won't figure in the Barca pre-game 'script' so it will be interesting to see how they collectively react to going behind. Do they consolidate and try to control the game, or go full bore at us to restore the deficit? If City sense any hesitation in the Catalan ranks I hope and pray we have enough brains to keep the pressure on and go after them! No sense in sitting back, just hoping we might magic up the second goal from somewhere. If we let them off the hook and let them settle they'll almost certainly kill us.   

If we are to succeed, we'll need to be fully focused and we'll have to work really hard for the full 90. Two aspects of City's game that have been sadly missing for the whole season... 

But I'm feeling reckless! We'll be 2 up at the interval - but Barca will come out fighting for a dramatic, see-saw second half. 3-1 City.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Formation -

Hart

Kompany
             Fernandinho
           Toure. Lampard.
                  Milner
              Nasri.   Silva
      Aguero. Dzeko.  Bony

Sorted