News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Villa

Started by gavin, January 20, 2021, 17:37:53

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Ederson, Walker, Dias, Stones, Cancelo, Rodrigo, Gundogan, De Bruyne (C), Bernardo, Foden, Sterling

SUBS | Steffen, Jesus, Zinchenko, Torres, Mendy, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Garcia, Bernabe

Foden back in. No striker. Cancelo at left back. Come on City.

Stephen Paul

KunDB

Very flat. Too much standing on ball and standing around in box, no urgency. Even Foden is taking too long to get off a shot. Sterling needs to believe and shoot on sight.

gavin

Strong start but we lost our way a bit. Disappointing finishing yet again. It can't be long before Jesus is on.

Stephen Paul

City excellent defending

KunDB

That done no good for my blood 🩸 pressure.

Great goal Silva and great ground out win.

Stephen Paul

Villa were good and will do okay this season

gavin

Excellent, hard fought victory. Lovely to see Bernard on the scoresheet, what a relief when it went in. Never seemed a sniff of offside to me, the defender touches it so he's not offside. Fucking simple. Clear pen too. Though I wasn't happy with how Gundo took it even though it went in! Nevertheless, another relief.

Grealish should have been off the field after injuring two of our players with bad challenges. Disgraceful.

Swiss

Aye, thought a yellow at least for Grealish

Good game. Hard fought.

Thought Sterling had an off game tonight.

The prems 2 best defences... didn't always look like the best defences!

Thought tge ref made the right calls on both goals

Swiss

For those that care, Rodri had a statistically great game.

Currently the highest rated player by opta for all top European games today with a score of 247.

KunDB

Pep out. Lost the PL lead after two hours.

Paddy

Ha Ha;. At the start of the game i decided that i wouldn't have a drink until we had scored (Very dry first half). Seventy fourth minute i felt that were about to score, Opened the can of draught Guinness that had been sitting in front of me since the start, just to pour and let it settle, three minutes later we were one nil up....!!!

KunDB

Really BT do we have to suffer listening to that twit Rio Ferdinand  oozing his Utd bias all over the show. Even after the PL and PMOGL (refs) explained why Silva’s goal was good and NOT offside he insists it was.

Then he says every player would not know this rule and would believe it offside. When Bernardo was asked after the game whether it was offside he said ‘I haven’t seen it since but surely not Mings played it bringing Rodri back into play?’ Well Rio?

Swiss

Not only that, but mcmanaman is awful at commentating.
How he mixed Gundog with Bernie after he scored I don't know!?

His playing days for us were forgettable too...

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Steve McPointyfinger

Stephen Paul

Mcmanaman , Owen and Ferdinand all going of on one about Silvas goal

Learn the rules for fucks sake

The smell of boiling piss is rife

Hesperus

Happy to hear Rodri is improving, he’s got a long way to go though before I’m convinced.

Swiss

Rodri (Manchester City) - 9.29 

With a WhoScored rating of 9.29, Manchester City midfielder Rodri is the WhoScored player of the round. Rodri provided the assist for Bernardo Silva's contentious opener against Aston Villa, that coming from one of four key passes. The Spaniard dominated with the ball in the air and on the ground as he won nine aerial duels, and made four clearances and four tackles, to cap a fine showing.

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/9gMsYllr5UWNyMeUzaPMUg/Show/Man-City-dominate-while-Pogba-makes-Premier-League-team-of-the-week-again

gavin

Contentious only in the mind of people who don't understand the rule either through ignorance or lack of intelligence.

Rowley Birkin QC

Villa pass the ball around very well and caused us a few problems - a performance marred though by their diving and some malicious challenges. Good that we eventually put them in their place, and extra sweet that they don't actually know the off-side rule!

Like Gav I wasn't impressed with Gundog's penalty taking, but it went in.