News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The transfer thread

Started by lee, June 04, 2021, 13:22:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

The Guardian reports that City are prepared to pay 150m euros for Kane. Maybe this is a smart move, if City can afford that much and it is within FFP. Either Spurs accept, and Kane moves; or Spurs don't accept, which seems likely to mightily piss off their star player, and also to discourage other players from signing long-term contracts with Spurs. Levy is always portrayed as a tough negotiator, but there must be a way to put him on the spot... and anyway, if he's so great, how come Spurs are so crap?

Stephen Paul

Chelsea looking to challenge with 97.5M Lukaku signing

onerytk

Who do we get at short notice if the Kane deal falls through, there has been talk of Ronaldo personally I would prefer Aubameyang or maybe Martinez from Inter to replace Aguero as Haaland is going nowhere yet

KunDB

Quote from: onerytk on August 13, 2021, 08:49:31
Who do we get at short notice if the Kane deal falls through, there has been talk of Ronaldo personally I would prefer Aubameyang or maybe Martinez from Inter to replace Aguero as Haaland is going nowhere yet

Pep and Txixi are professional and know what they are doing. They’ll have a back up plan in case the Kane transfer doesn’t go through. It will mind.

Hesperus

Torres upfront would be my guess at a contingency plan. It’s not a great option though at the moment as he isn’t ready.

Hesperus

Reports are either £127 mill for Kane with add ons to make it £147 million.

I still don’t believe we’ll go that high but It begs the question, if we are willing to go that high, I would hope we’d offer that for Harland. Dortmund said they won’t sell, but next season he has a much lower release clause (80 mill I think?) So they would be daft not to accept such a big offer now.

gavin

Still a while before the window closes. This could run and run.

Stephen Paul

Kane hasn't travelled with the Spuds squad for their Euro tie tomorrow night

KunDB

That Kane did not travel was inevitable and I suspect he might pick up a minor training injury putting him out for this weekend Wolves fixture too.

He’s coming to City, just a matter of money.

gavin

I wouldn't be surprised either way but I'm pleased there's only a couple of weeks left. I have to confess that I got rather enthused when we eventually got Grealish though.

Stephen Paul

BBC Sport

If Manchester City fail to secure Kane this summer, the Premier League champions are said to considering Serbian international Dusan Vlahovic, 21, as an alternative. City have reportedly joined the race to sign the Fiorentina striker for 80m euros.

bluebrendan

Sign Vlahovic and leave Levy and Spurs saddled with a very unhappy striker.

Gareth

How I wish we would do that...

Stephen Paul

It would stick one right up Spurs

Taking a massive dislike to that club

Stephen Paul

Robert Lewandowski would do and tell Spurs to fook off

lee

Never liked them since the 81 final and when they nicked Paul Stewart from us.

Hesperus

Bayern still want £100 million for Lewandowski! He’s 33 I believe and they say City are the ones driving prices up!

Gareth

Lewandowski’s price tag is presumably decided by what they will pay for Haaland to replace him

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Hesperus on August 20, 2021, 12:37:24
Bayern still want £100 million for Lewandowski! He’s 33 I believe and they say City are the ones driving prices up!

Ridiculous

Hesperus

10 days to go in the window.

Rumours:
Laporte can leave for £60 million. Seems very low to me.
Bernardo plus £100 mill offered to Spurs for Kane
We’re interested in Dulsan Vlahovic for £80 million

Pep saying he’s happy with the squad and we don’t need a striker.
No links to a left back.

Wonder what the squad will look like after the window closes?