News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Brexit going well

Started by Stephen Paul, August 24, 2021, 21:00:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Brexits going well 😐

-McDonald’s runs out of milk shakes
-Nando’s runs out of chicken
-Food, drink exports EU down £2bn first quarter
-90k lorry driver vacancies
-Poultry processing 7k vacancies
-Food rotting in fields

gavin

Businesses want special arrangements to allow work visas to EU drivers. I doubt very much that the Tories have the stomach for it even it not doing it means food shortages.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58287003

Lekos

goat

imagine still thinking its a good thing

Stephen Paul

We are have big issues with food coming from the rest of the UK

Sainsbury and tescos shelves are empty in places

The whole thing seems to be one big fuck up

Lekos

It's the most retarded political decision made during my life time so far, probably ever, with a bunch of incompetent wankers trying to execute the idea. It won't ever be anything other than a huge mess.

gavin

Quote from: gavin on August 24, 2021, 21:10:06
Businesses want special arrangements to allow work visas to EU drivers. I doubt very much that the Tories have the stomach for it even it not doing it means food shortages.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58287003

So a month later, they are finally extending immigration for drivers. The obvious, too late. They are an absolute disgrace. They should have done it before petrol stations were closing and shelves were empty. It's not going to be an instant fix. We all have to pay for their pig headed stupidity and that of those who voted for them and Brexit.

reddishblue

Nicked from twatter. Think only fools..

No pies in Greggs, no KFCs
No Nandos snacks, no HGVs
Gas price up, fuel no more
Rivers fill with sewage raw…
God bless Brexit Street
Viva Brexit Street
Long live Brexit Street
C’est Magnifique Brexit Street
Magnifique…

Stephen Paul

Quote from: reddishblue on September 30, 2021, 00:09:51
Nicked from twatter. Think only fools..

No pies in Greggs, no KFCs
No Nandos snacks, no HGVs
Gas price up, fuel no more
Rivers fill with sewage raw…
God bless Brexit Street
Viva Brexit Street
Long live Brexit Street
C’est Magnifique Brexit Street
Magnifique…

Ha Ha brilliant

Neil Mcnab

I will be running against the tide here. I voted to leave. I was hugely in favour to start with. Mind changed over the years.
I always expected to be worse off to start with. I think you might find that labour shortages are also present in the EU. There are shortages of HGV drivers across many countries of the EU. Transport Intelligence say there are 400,000 fewer HGV drivers than are needed across Europe.
As soon as media say there maybe a shortage of anything, from bog rolls to petrol, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Early last week, no queues at petrol stations near me, plenty of fuel. Later in the week and a couple of stories later, panic.
Of course like much of life, we see everything through our own perspective.

gavin

A shortage in many places but far worse in Brexit Britain

lee

House is up for sale and we are moving back to Italy...Had enough of it here under this joke of a government.

Stephen Paul

And things about to get worse Lee

Fuel and gas prices through the roof

Fuck off Boris

reddishblue

The housing market is plummeting in the the SE and the southern bastards are looking to invade the north with their superior business acumen.           

reddishblue

'what do mean my cupboard is worth £500,000.'

lee

Quote from: Stephen Paul on October 10, 2021, 15:38:59
And things about to get worse Lee

Fuel and gas prices through the roof

Fuck off Boris

We leave here on the 28th ..House is on the market now so it will sell when it sells.
Got a place to stay outside Torino.Might go watching Torino as all the family are Juve :)

Lekos

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on October 02, 2021, 12:27:12
I will be running against the tide here. I voted to leave. I was hugely in favour to start with. Mind changed over the years.
I always expected to be worse off to start with. I think you might find that labour shortages are also present in the EU. There are shortages of HGV drivers across many countries of the EU. Transport Intelligence say there are 400,000 fewer HGV drivers than are needed across Europe.
As soon as media say there maybe a shortage of anything, from bog rolls to petrol, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Early last week, no queues at petrol stations near me, plenty of fuel. Later in the week and a couple of stories later, panic.

Fair points, but it does mostly seem like we've shot ourselves in the foot.  I'm yet to see one benefit from all this mess.  The Greeks voted to leave didn't they and their Government decided it was a terrible idea and didn't see it through.  Was there for a month in Sept and everything seems to be working, unlike here at the moment.   ::)

Lekos

Quote from: lee on October 09, 2021, 05:31:32
House is up for sale and we are moving back to Italy...Had enough of it here under this joke of a government.

Thought you voted Brexit lad?  Must be my terrible memory kicking in again.  My uncle voted Brexit to get out from under the EU 'bureaucracy' and recently told me he wants to retire in Crete. Doesnt' make any sense  :D :-\ ::) 

reddishblue

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on October 02, 2021, 12:27:12

More shit

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/sewage-warning-issued-folkestone-beach-7459101