News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

How long does Pellegrini have now?

Started by gavin, April 06, 2015, 22:37:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludo

Food for thought for Sunday possibly.

goat

Quote from: Paul lakes knee on April 08, 2015, 08:13:30
It all seems to be hotting up in the press this morning- I really like Pellegrini, but for teh life of me there is 1 thing I can't understand. Remember when we had all those strikers out and we had to play 4-5-1 or at times 4-6-0? We were brilliant and went on a great run- as soon as the strikers are back we go 442 and since then we have been shite!

add the spanish lad insisting city will play 4-3-3 like barca and it shows what a massive ballache this is becoming on and off the pitch

have we played it once this season?

bry the guy

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on April 07, 2015, 15:19:51
Hard to second-guess our owners on this one. Play it 'safe' and grimly hang on to Pellegrini in the hope we can still drag ourselves over the line in second or third place, or take a massive punt on a caretaker manager reinvigorating the team?

A bad lose to the rags and I'm sure the owners will be sorely tempted to ditch Pellers right then and there. Not because it's the rags, but because another defeat might make a top four finish start to look vulnerable.

A lot might depend on how Liverpool go against Newcastle on the Monday. If City slump at the swamp and Liverpool win I would not be surprised if Pellegrini is sacked on the Tuesday. But that will mean a caretaker manager and either way I think that's a big, high risk call. I wonder if the owners will have the balls to do it?

Sticking with Pellegrini might be the safer option. Not an option that fills me with any joy (ultimately, I think he has to go sooner rather than later) but personally I remain unconvinced that Liverpool are good enough (or City quite that bad enough) for them to close a 7 point gap, so fourth still looks relatively safe to me.

However, if our sole ambition now is just to consolidate fourth spot (and the prospect of a qualifying play off) than that's a very sorry state of affairs and really not good enough. Maybe we should have the courage to gamble? Bring in Viera (he'd me my first choice as well) and stir the buggers up. Not sure how he'll go, but I think a lot of the players will respect him and equally he won't take any shit from the egomaniacs. There will be blood on the carpet I think, with one or two never being seen in a City shirt again - but maybe some blood letting is what we need?

I wanted Viera but im sure he hasnt quallifid for all his coaching badges yet and i believe his contract is up in the summer and they havent offered him another one.

Sean

Some of the players have to be blamed as well.

Swiss

Tricky Trev

If he still has a job the next week I'm going to drag him out of the country myself.

Swiss

If he's still here next week, might see some fan protests

Ludo

Stephen Paul

bry the guy

He ain't going anywhere until we get a replacement or he would have gone last week

Stephen Paul

bry the guy

Quote from: stephenmcfc on April 12, 2015, 19:50:45
Viera tempory
not got all his badges yet and out of contract in summer and no offer of a new one

KunDB

bluebrendan

Quote from: Zabba on April 12, 2015, 20:04:02
Still say gone Summer.

If so we won't be in the CL next season, I wouldn't say he's lost the plot as defensively he never had it IMO but that team definitely isn't arsed whether he stays or goes.

goat

should just ask the players who they actually want

clevblue

You'd have a list of eleven different managers then!

Anyway, it's monday morning has he gone yet? I don't think he's going anywhere for now, and at least we can't be relegated this season.

All the bloody fuss about the Rags - there wasn't half as much when we were winning - and it's only temporary - it's all just noise

lee

Quote from: clevblue on April 14, 2015, 06:07:03

Anyway, it's monday morning has he gone yet? I don't think he's going anywhere for now, and at least we can't be relegated this season.

All the bloody fuss about the Rags - there wasn't half as much when we were winning - and it's only temporary - it's all just noise

won the world cup on sunday

Tricky Trev

What's temporary? The rags being the big brother again? Do you honestly believe that? They have made an incredible recovery after falling down the pecking order with Moyes. City have a huge squad with players that desperately needs replacing. Either they are too old, overpriced squad players or simply not hungry enough. At the moment the challenge before city seems immense, as we cannot spend a lot of money before we sell the junk. Which we will get shit for - the usual city business way. This could take time. And there is no sign that the rags should weaken, they will mostly like only gain and sprint ahead - they where supposed to struggle with finances and stay behind city?! While city spend a season or two to make another title challenge - maybe even worse.

I don't think that is very negative and unrealistic.

goat

Quote from: clevblue on April 14, 2015, 06:07:03

nah, yaya would threaten to rape and eat the smaller players till he got his way

KunDB

I just cannot see the owners panicking at this late stage. Yes top 4 is at risk but even if Pelle wins all our remaining games he should still go.

What is abundantly clear is that we are a very badly organised team, tactically naïve and Pelle is unable to react to changes in matches and players are badly motivated and bonded.

I would hate 'Pelle the Engineer' to build a skyscraper that I would have to be in. He would forget to plan the foundations.

The hierarchy at City will keep calm for now, but he Pelle is toast come season end and Txixi should be packing his bags with him.

Pity really because Pelle is a likeable person, albeit stubborn and very poor as a football manager.