News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

at Everton

Started by gavin, February 26, 2022, 16:58:09

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Ederson, Stones, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Gundogan (C), Bernardo, Foden, Sterling

SUBS | Carson, Slicker, Walker, Ake, Jesus, Grealish, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Mahrez

Bit surprised that Mahrez isn't back in from the start. Good to see Grealish and Jesus back on the bench. Come on City.

gavin

Very poor half. Pep needs to get into them at half time.

lee

piss poor..everton playing like joe royle in charge

Stephen Paul

Rowley Birkin QC

Commentary team on my TV absolutely desperate for that to be handball. They're now incredulous that the penalty was given. Bias fuckers.

Rowley Birkin QC

Not clear cit enough for a handball for me

Hesperus

How did we get away with that?

gavin

It hit his shoulder that is why. Better second half from City but not a great performance. Great to see Phil get the winner after his week.

lee

no handball for me..would have been given last year but it clearly hit his shoulder

Hesperus

Never his shoulder. Even Micah said it was certain pen!

Anyhow we've had enough bad calls against us so good we got one going our way.

Neil Mcnab

We got away with it.

Kilkenny Blue

I think we got away with one there, though I'd like to see it again from different angles.

I think we're hanging in by the skin of our teeth.  KDB needs a few games on the bench as he seems to be struggling.  He looks a yard or 2 of the pace and is giving the ball away too easily.

Rowley Birkin QC

Watched it a few times now, from all angles, and I reckon the ball hit him at the exact junction between shoulder and arm (as currently defined by the rules). So 50-50. My TV pundits keep showing a still image from the front, that makes it look as if the ball is running down his arm, but the side-on video clearly shows the ball falling away from him, with no contact with the arm. Can't give a penalty for that. 

But who cares. As Herperus said, we've had the raw end of a fair few 50-50 decisions this season. Nice poacher's goal from Foden!  The sort of defender error a proper striker like Aguero might have seized upon - so nice to see Foden playing the role, in the 6 yard box. (Yes, I'm one of those who believe we need a proper striker).

onerytk

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on February 26, 2022, 20:18:51
I think we got away with one there, though I'd like to see it again from different angles.

I think we're hanging in by the skin of our teeth.  KDB needs a few games on the bench as he seems to be struggling.  He looks a yard or 2 of the pace and is giving the ball away too easily.

Yep agree with all of that

silvablue

The important thing was to get the win and three points and we done that.

Rowley Birkin QC

I agree we're struggling a little. Too many of our players not quite at the top of their game. We look laboured at times. Liverpool seem to have all the momentum at the moment.

jingoe

The ref gave an off side decision. Presumably then it was irrelevant whether or not it was a handball as the off side preceded that incident? 

The Blue Blooded Maniac

It was definitely a handball and rodders knew he'd fucked up. Very very lucky and that decision could decide the title.

Victoria

I don't think we got away with one regarding the penalty: it was offside! However, about time VAR got a right decision in our favour.
Further, we are struggling because a few players look tired. In addition, it is clear we need a goal getter/striker or 2. That is why I think we are struggling and possibly not win any trophy this year.

gavin

It looked like handball from the footage from behind Rodri but you cannot judge actual contact when the ball is the other side of the player. When you are looking at the ball actually hit Rodri, it hits his shoulder then drops away from him. No way would have it been fair to say that was a clear and obvious error. Close no doubt but not obviously an error.

You see the ball in front of his arm but that doesn't mean it was in contact at that stage.