News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Manuel Pellegrini

Started by Stephen Paul, April 30, 2015, 06:29:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we keep him another year and let him build his team over the summer

Yes
4 (28.6%)
No
4 (28.6%)
Maybe
4 (28.6%)
He should go now
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Stephen Paul

I think we should hang on to him for a bit of stability
Finishing possibly second is not a disaster when you look at the likes of Liverpool and spurs falling flat

Leewonpen

There's no doubt it has been a poor defence of the title. More worrying is the failure to learn from mistakes and the pedestrian style of football seen this season. However the key question for me is who would replace him? The media seem to think that the hierarchy want Pep but, he seems unlikely to leave Bayern this summer. A temporary replacement in the (risky) hope that Pep will join next summer seems nonsensical, likewise an unproven Vieira..........if Pellegrini does stay I have long thought that Vieira should be promoted to work alongside him - a bit of succession planning?

Stephen Paul

Actually would be good to see Vieira along side him

Gareth

Normally I go with the stability view when it comes to managerial musical chairs, but I was so pissed off with abject performances and then getting overtaken by the obviously inferior squad under Van Gaal that I wouldn't've been sorry to see Pellegrini go there and then. But I could go for the idea of promoting Vieira and seeing how that works...

goat

get rid only if a better option is available and willing to come. bollocks to this waiting for pep shit

KunDB

Quote from: goat on April 30, 2015, 18:13:13
get rid only if a better option is available and willing to come. bollocks to this waiting for pep shit

Exactly my view. No panic act only if a better option is available like Jurgen Klopp, too early for Vieira.

goat

how often have we got rid and ended up with the same bloke with slightly different hair

and is pep really that good? barcelona and bayern both with squads at their peak in leagues its harder to lose. safe to see he has not had a go at building a squad yet...and that what we need done

gavin

Maybe? Surely everyone should have a definite opinion on this! He should go.

Swiss

It's not where we are in the league, it's the fact it's the style of football and the lack of defence.

We only have one forward worth his salt (jury still out on Bony, wherever he is).
Our midfield just surrender and our Defence is all over the place.
I just don't like Pelle's vision of how a team should be set up to play.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: goat on April 30, 2015, 18:13:13
+2
Klopp looks like he could be favourite. He would be a good choice in my opinion.
Benitez is also available, a lot of bin dippers still think his shit doesnt stink. Just doesnt seem right to me.

Guardiola, real good point. my guess is the reason Burgerstain hasnt got the bullet is the misplaced belief he and Soriano can serve up Pep to us.They werent at Munich were they, he went there. If and when he moves it will be to the club where he wants to go, not because two of his mates from Barca are at that club.

zacc

Not sure I want a manager can't even work out his trousers are too tight!! ::)

Tricky Trev

If the best argument for him staying is stability then you know you have a shit case. Get rid, yesterday.

clevblue

Quote from: zacc on April 30, 2015, 23:27:12
Not sure I want a manager can't even work out his trousers are too tight!! ::)

:D

nimrod

Quote from: TrickyTrev on May 01, 2015, 04:09:43
If the best argument for him staying is stability then you know you have a shit case. Get rid, yesterday.

Yeah Trev

I think we need someone who can build a defence, as, besides the 'cant be arsed to run' players, its this that lets us down, my choice would be Ancelloti or even Rafa (tin hat on) :o

I agree with goat, we dont really know how good Pep is...massive risk

Lekos

Look who's back!  Hello Kev! 

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on May 01, 2015, 08:12:14
Look who's back!  Hello Kev!

G'day mate

Howya goin?

gavin

Swiss

Quote from: nimrod on May 01, 2015, 07:27:59
Quote from: TrickyTrev on May 01, 2015, 04:09:43

Yeah Trev

I think we need someone who can build a defence, as, besides the 'cant be arsed to run' players, its this that lets us down, my choice would be Ancelloti or even Rafa (tin hat on) :o

I agree with goat, we dont really know how good Pep is...massive risk

The only risk I see with Pep is the questions over why he quit Barce. I like how he sets his teams out to press high and for 90 minutes, how he likes a passing game with high intensity and that he's also as big a name in management as Moanrinho & Fergie... Though Ancelotti would also fit for me too :D

goat

few years ago pep said he didnt want to manage for long, maybe 5 years and then quit...how long has he been managing so far , twot

Swiss

Not that I'm disagreeing with you on his mindset being questionable... but it's not like anyone has changed their mind before...