News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The world Cup

Started by Stephen Paul, November 03, 2022, 09:46:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Players get injured now and they are out of the World Cup

Some players will not risk in and put low key performances this weekend

I find disgusting the Qatar has lined Fifas pockets to host this tournament half way through the season

gavin

I have no interest in it. If players don't show full commitment to City matches then they should be shown the door. I doubt Pep would stand for it.

jingoe

I really hope that Phillips and Walker don't get picked having been absent for weeks. They surely won't be anywhere near match fit

bbk

The whole thing is vile. I'm starting to feel morally opposed to it (self righteous wanker I am) but will probably be drawn to the latter rounds, much like I am with Love Island. I hope Argentina win it.

Stephen Paul

lee

Italy for me.....oh wait!

Stephen Paul

At least Haaland will be ready for the Xmas goal feast

Stephen Paul

And so the circus begins

England should be home pretty quickly with Soutgate banking on Maguire who isn't even in the starting 11 for the rags these days

But sure Southgate knows best

KunDB

Quote from: bbk on November 04, 2022, 06:59:38
The whole thing is vile. I'm starting to feel morally opposed to it (self righteous wanker I am) but will probably be drawn to the latter rounds, much like I am with Love Island. I hope Argentina win it.

That's perfectly sums up my feelings, apart from Love Island and Argentina winning.

I suspect a non European winner given the adverse heat conditions so I will punt on a win for:

Brazil.

Stephen Paul

Brazil will definitely be up there

Awesome squad of players

Stephen Paul

Maguire will be the downfall of Southgate

Neil Mcnab

Wrong place, wrong time.

Stephen Paul

you could not write this shit 

Stephen Paul

Southgate is our super coach  :D

Stephen Paul

its all going wrong already at qatar and will only get worse

This WC will be remembered for all the wrong reasons
Fifa are greedy bastards 

Neil Mcnab

Infantile Infantino made a complete feck up of hosting the world cup in Qatar even worse. These people are detached from reality.

Victoria

Didn't take long for VAR to spoil things! I don't see any women in the Qatar fan sections. Misogynist backward arse country. Prime example of FIFA's corruption holding the tournament in an oil rich country that is detached from western values.
No booze too.which  makes things worse as FIFA have sponsors from the brewing industry.

gavin

My sister in law and her daughter were there with my brother so there were women and girls present in the crowd. Not that I'd defend Qatar or Infantino though he does have a point about the West being hypocrites.

Victoria

Gavin, I did not say there were no women in the stadium. I saw plenty in and around the Equadore supporters. When the camera showed other sections of the crowed mainly Qatar fans there were none. Other than that I have no interest in Qatar or this competition.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: Victoria on November 20, 2022, 16:40:24
Didn't take long for VAR to spoil things! I don't see any women in the Qatar fan sections. Misogynist backward arse country. Prime example of FIFA's corruption holding the tournament in an oil rich country that is detached from western values.
No booze too.which  makes things worse as FIFA have sponsors from the brewing industry.

Have you been there?  Also, name a recent world cup where bribery wasn't involved.