News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The world Cup

Started by Stephen Paul, November 03, 2022, 09:46:08

Previous topic - Next topic

bbk

I challenge anyone to proffer an example of something more backward that Sterling starting ahead of Foden. Bloody 'ell fire!!

bbk

Need to retract this. Sterling has played very well.

Stephen Paul

Saudia Arabia has announced a public holiday tomorrow after beating Argentina

working here at the moment so I hope they go all the way 

gavin

We only get one in England when an old trout dies.

Stephen Paul

Why Foden isn't starting in these games is beyond me

Victoria

Obviously Mason Mount is higher thought of than Folden by Southgate.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Stephen Paul on November 26, 2022, 03:52:18
Why Foden isn't starting in these games is beyond me
Its because Southgate is a muppet. Whenever Southgate says we lacked quality, he only need look in the mirror to find where that is.

lee

Alvarez looked superb tonight.

Stephen Paul

Didier Drogba : "If I am an English FA president. I am calling Southgate straight away, asking: " Have you ever seen Argentina not using Messi?, Portugal not using Cristiano, France not using Mbappe or Brazil not using Neymar? Except when they are injured?... Why would you keep our best complete lad on Bench  [Foden]. In Argentina tomorrow you would wake up on News that the coach is leaving Qatar for not using Messi and his assistant will carry on. Football is not a picnic in South America, their Football Federations does not make friends with Coaches, they Sack you . That boy has proven many times that he can add a spark where there is none. He is scoring goals and creating assist for Manchester City. Truly Maddison was right when he said "because he was on form and not a Defender, that's why Southgate was overlooking him ". Southgate is not ready to use on form players "

lee

Spot on Drogba.
Maguire cant get a kick for the rags and in form Ben White sits it out in Southgates team.
Mason Mount is piss poor also yet gets in his team.
Hope Wales beat them.

Stephen Paul

it's clear Southgate has loyalty to certain players, and this will get him the sack

Stephen Paul

Foden on his current form would start for any other international team in the world apart from England

Bizarre

gavin

Belgium OUT. KDB gets a rest and will hopefully come back with the bit between his teeth. I'm sure that he's disappointed but good news for City I think.

jingoe

I totally agree, Gavin.I was willing Belgium not to score in the last 10 mins there! Hopefully Gundo will go the same way later - back home for a rest!

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Belgium wise though, Martinez has just resigned.

It baffles me how he's kept that job for so long and why he wasn't sacked long ago. Any half decent manager would have done a lot better with that squad but they have probably missed their chance to succeed with their golden generation.

But yes, have a rest with Erling and Gunda for Kev!

KunDB

Matinez proved his usefulness was practically non existent managing Everton. How he was then given and kept the Belgium job is beyond.

Give a tactical void some of the worlds best players and a shambles follows, as it did with Martinez.

Yes a big bonus KDB gets a bit of a rest, though regret he will not get the World Cup he deserved.

gavin

Yes, now Gundo gets a rest too. The team v the Scousers in the Carabao is taking shape.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: KunDB on December 01, 2022, 19:39:50
Matinez proved his usefulness was practically non existent managing Everton. How he was then given and kept the Belgium job is beyond.

Thought Martinez would be sacked by now
Give a tactical void some of the worlds best players and a shambles follows, as it did with Martinez.

Yes a big bonus KDB gets a bit of a rest, though regret he will not get the World Cup he deserved.

Stephen Paul

Martinez has turned Belgium into Everton

Stephen Paul

City players in the World Cup Round of 16:

🇦🇷 Álvarez
🇧🇷 Ederson
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Foden, Grealish, Phillips, Stones, Walker
🇳🇱 Aké
🇵🇹 Cancelo, Dias, Silva
🇪🇸 Laporte, Rodri
🇨🇭 Akanji

Not bad.