News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

well done Jessica

Started by Stephen Paul, November 13, 2014, 19:38:49

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Neil Mcnab

Does anyone really know what happened?
There is obviously nothing in law preventing him from working as footballer, let him get on with it. He has done his time. If he still posed a risk, he would still be inside. Its that or mob rule.
The job he works in pays very well. Nobody would be worried if he was in a low paid job. So a lot of this must be down to jealousy.
I have no idea whether any local traders have criminal records.

bluepill

No but a corporation or large company with a public profile would probably check and choose not to employ someone in that kind of situation.

goat

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on November 14, 2014, 18:16:18
Does anyone really know what happened?

just ched, the girl and the other ex city lad i think

some light reading

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

citoeast

He had a trial and he was found guilty at a fair hearing.

IMO having read through the court transcript the victims statement was surprisingly honest and therefore believable, in stark contrast to Ched Evans story which stretched credibility e.g. what texts sent between him and co-defendant meant.

His colleague benefited from the system of justice in that I presume he got the benefit of doubt. I have no problem with that and I see no conflict with Ched Evans guilty verdict.

I see no remorse from Ched Evans, so imo he should not have been released before serving his full sentence. No remorse no rehabilitation.

goat

assume you saw the part where after testing it was doubted that she was so drunk she would have memory loss

citoeast

Quote from: goat on November 14, 2014, 19:37:51
assume you saw the part where after testing it was doubted that she was so drunk she would have memory loss

As I said he had a fair hearing. We can select and exchange quotes:

The complainant had no recollection of anything which took place after 3am. That extended to the fact that she and McDonald entered the hotel at 4.15am. The night porter described her as "extremely drunk". That reinforced the Crown's case based on the evidence of witnesses and the CCTV footage before she had arrived at the hotel.

It was an essential part of his expert (for the defence) evidence that there were significant doubts about the claim made by the complainant that she had suffered a memory loss. In effect, it was suggested that her assertion was false.

but as I said he had his trial and the jury decided, that is the law.

goat

ok so he was found guilty and did the time given to him, no reason he cant go back to work without the collection of bellends chipping in right?

Ludo

It's impossible to predict what level of alcohol would render someone so drunk they would lose their memory, everyone has a different tolerance to things like alcohol and drugs

It's not as if this girls able to make any money from this, I think she may have even had to have a change of identity, so it's hardly likely she'd go to the lengths she has to make it up.

He hasn't done the the time given to him. He's done half of it and the other half is spent on licence. And if not wishing to see a convicted rapist soak up the adulation from a ground full of muppets is wrong then Im happy to be wrong.

goat

does seem she attempted to make money from it

google " ched win big " to see

citoeast

Quote from: goat on November 14, 2014, 20:31:28

ok so he was found guilty and did the time given to him, no reason he cant go back to work without the collection of bellends chipping in right?

He is entitled to work, but imo not in a football capacity, as it sends the wrong message and he would be in a role model for children growing up.

A personal opinion just.

My most serious concern is his sheer lack of remorse. To me that means no rehabilitation has occurred. We all make mistakes and are entitled to learn from them and move on, but this is clearly not the case with Ched.

goat

wondered how long before role model came up

and if he does believe he is innocent why would he show remorse

citoeast

Quote from: goat on November 14, 2014, 20:42:02

With due respect to you I would advise caution and suggest you might want to reflect on deleting that. The victim has a right to anonymity we should all respect.

alexsam

Quote from: citoeast on November 14, 2014, 20:52:50
Quote from: goat on November 14, 2014, 20:31:28

He is entitled to work, but imo not in a football capacity, as it sends the wrong message and he would be in a role model for children growing up.

A personal opinion just.

My most serious concern is his sheer lack of remorse. To me that means no rehabilitation has occurred. We all make mistakes and are entitled to learn from them and move on, but this is clearly not the case with Ched.

He will not show remorse for the 'rape' as he things he is innocent and is appealing the conviction, showing remorse is admitting he raped the woman.

That puts him in a bad position with many people but is understandable as he is appealing

Rehabilitation is not a word i would use for what we do in this country when it comes to convicted people. The majority of us do not care as long as they nowhere near us.

citoeast

Quote from: goat on November 14, 2014, 20:53:36

Because he does not decide the courts and justice system and 12 impartial jurors decide, having listened to both cases.

goat

Quote from: citoeast on November 14, 2014, 21:00:26
Quote from: goat on November 14, 2014, 20:42:02

With due respect to you I would advise caution and suggest you might want to reflect on deleting that. The victim has a right to anonymity we should all respect.

i thought with sky splashing it everywhere it was common knowledge, edited to be safe

goat

Quote from: citoeast on November 14, 2014, 21:03:30
Quote from: goat on November 14, 2014, 20:53:36

Because he does not decide the courts and justice system and 12 impartial jurors decide, having listened to both cases.

would kind of make the whole appeal system pointless

dont forget how many have been wrongly convicted and had them quashed

citoeast

He has appealed once and failed I believe, but he has a right to further appeal. He may even win that. In the interim he is guilty and should not have continued to insist that the woman he was convicted of attacking had consented to sex and expressing regret for what he described as an “act of infidelity” against his girlfriend. Guilty until proven otherwise. Until then he should maintain silence and defend himself through the courts and justice system.

goat

to be fair he has been quiet compared to people like nick clegg, the one that runs a bit and richard and judys judy. no clue what any of them have to do with anything

Ludo

When push comes to shove he's just a cnut anyway.