News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

8th August

Started by Neil Mcnab, July 19, 2015, 02:03:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Mcnab

The first game of the new season will be shortly upon us. We have bought 3 British players just because of their nationality. We all know the rules, they needed to come in. Who really wanted Delph or laughing gas? The lad from Fulham is a prospect.

For trying to win the league, or going anywhere in Europe, we have fallen behind our rivals. Burgerstain has and will continue to be a disaster. The club is fixated with getting Guardiola in. Why else would Burgerstain be still here?

A world class central midfield player is needed. What the Feck are we waiting for. If Pogba aint coming (overrated, overpriced), move on sharpish. (Delph, youre having a laff).

De Bruyne is a must now.

Didnt they spot a player at the Copa?

Pissed off big time.

Rowley Birkin QC

I think (and have always thought) that "laughing gas" was potentially a good buy for us. Think I posted on here during his break out year (the season before last) that Sterling was a player we should keep an eye on. Time will tell...

I agree about the "world class" central mid though. Yaya isn't getting any younger, or quicker.

Stephen Paul

i think sterling might step up that knotch playing quality players around him. another quality signing in midfield is required though

Ludo

Look at the players we had playing in wide positions over the last few seasons.

Nasri, Navas, Milner and Kolarov on occasions. Sterling's a step up from any of them. Delph may not be everyone's first choice but he's a hard working, industrious midfielder and certainly a better player than Fernando.

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on July 19, 2015, 08:41:06

Nasri, Navas, Milner and Kolarov on occasions. Sterling's a step up from any of them. Delph may not be everyone's first choice but he's a hard working, industrious midfielder and certainly a better player than Fernando.

Fuckin well should be for 49 million quid

Swiss

oh shush, still plenty of time left, almost 3 weeks. Plenty of teams yet to complete their business.

We've still to sell player too.

Arsenal in for Dzeko, which surprises me as he doesn't fit in with a "footballing team".

Ludo

Quote from: nimrod on July 19, 2015, 10:28:14

What are you moaning about it's not your money.

We're rich, mega rich. Other clubs are going to put their arm in when it comes to transfer fees but so long as the Sheik's happy I'm happy.

Swiss

also, LFC drove the price up because of the sell on clause they had. They're only guaranteed £33mil from it if that makes you happier!

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on July 19, 2015, 12:28:39

We're rich, mega rich. Other clubs are going to put their arm in when it comes to transfer fees but so long as the Sheik's happy I'm happy.

Im not moaning, just stating a fact ie he should be better than the others as he cost way more

why are you whinging about me stating a fact?

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: Swiss on July 19, 2015, 11:32:20
Arsenal in for Dzeko, which surprises me as he doesn't fit in with a "footballing team".

Makes sense to me. They never replaced Bentner

bluebrendan

Quote from: nimrod on July 19, 2015, 14:09:46

Im not moaning, just stating a fact ie he should be better than the others as he cost way more

So if we signed Messi on a Bosman he'd be worse than the rest of the squad because he cost nowt?  :D

Ludo

Going on that warped piece of logic Fernando is a better player than Vinnie and Sergi's worse than Torres???

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on July 19, 2015, 17:00:23

Going on that warped piece of logic Fernando is a better player than Vinnie and Sergi's worse than Torres???

you lost me now

Tricky Trev

Oh god this forum, you couldn't even make a worse argument even if YOU TRIED. You godamn idiot.

goat

shoot em tex, that will show em

back to original point

can we offer much other than money for these world class players?

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on July 20, 2015, 14:17:48

can we offer much other than money for these world class players?

Which indeed is the point.

You don't become a big draw, glamour club overnight - or even five seasons. Especially not when you (re)start from the relatively low base we did. We're getting there, but it will take a few more Premierships and a couple of decent runs at the Champions League before big name players start falling over themselves to play for us irrespective of the money we offer.

At the moment all we have to offer (for the most part) is money. This is why we pay through the nose (it has little to do with the actual worth of the player), and this is why the prospect of playing for us doesn't immediately quicken the pulse of every star footballer doing the rounds. Yet some of you seem to think we are already Barcelona and judge every thing we do, every signing we make - on that false premise. It will happen - but we're not there yet.

goat

instead of looking for the big shiny toy we should do what we did a few years back

aguero was on the edge of  world class at a messy atletico and ill admit i knew silva was good but had no idea he was this good at not that huge valencia

best bet then is get a couple of these players and nudge them towards greatness. fuckload lot cheaper too

Swiss

The infrastructure is there, but we won't hit the big time until we win the Champs League.

Quote from: goat on July 20, 2015, 16:59:11
instead of looking for the big shiny toy we should do what we did a few years back

aguero was on the edge of  world class at a messy atletico and ill admit i knew silva was good but had no idea he was this good at not that huge valencia

best bet then is get a couple of these players and nudge them towards greatness. fuckload lot cheaper too

You prob wont agree with me here, but isn't that what we've already done?

Delph & Sterling: Not there but have potential (Ok we paid over the odds for Sterling, but if he turns out as good as Bale and Ronaldo, then we've just saved £40m; I said if!).

We don't need Delph to be Xavi, but we do need him to be Makelele.

Then we've got the future:
Roberts, Faupala, Unal: Highly spoken of

Sums of money wise: Pogba, an almost there. And like Ludo says, we can't really bemoan the money we spend on the players as "we" don't spend it.

We haven't spent a penny on a player over 25 this window.

goat

i see your point but sterling cost about the price of dave and sergio

and delph isnt the same kind of quality, best i can see him being is a de jong that can move a bit more...which to be fair we do need

your future names are good, add to that pozo, the new zlatan lad they got from malmo and your nigerian lovechild and weve a good little group there when paddy v takes over

Swiss

Add "English" to Dave and Kun and you've got an extra £50 mil yet Dyke can't see the HG rule hikes the prices up... but then the money stays in the UK for a little while longer... We pretty much kept Everton and Villa afloat.

Delph's got some promising stats in that 66.5% of his passes were forward.

61 out of 74 "Take ons" were successful