News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Toffes v City Thread

Started by 93:2012, August 23, 2015, 15:32:39

Previous topic - Next topic

93:2012

Unchanged team plus Delph on bench.]

Hart; Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov; Toure, Fernandinho, Navas, Sterling, Silva; Aguero

C'mon City

gavin

Should be good enough to beat Everton. But we need to be focussed in every game. With our history at Everton there should be little danger of taking this for granted though.

Stephen Paul

KunDB

We are Evertons Cup Final every game, they give 100% plus.

Swiss

They've always been a dogged team. We needed to capitalise in the first twenty mins and didn't.

Still, second half beckons and we can only improve.

the two yellows for Nandinho & Mangala could hurt us 2nd half

gavin

We started well enough and should have got a couple of goals. Sergio could have had a couple but also a number of times we have put the ball into very dangerous areas only for no-one to be there. Half time came at the right time for us as we'd lost control. We need to start the second like we did the first but this time finish it off.

gavin

Fuckinell, three idiots on Sky all agreeing that Everton's 'goal' was offside but that they were unlucky for it to be disallowed. How FFS it is unlucky to have a goal disallowed for offside when they all agree that it WAS offside is beyond me. Panel of fucking morons. Good job linesman full fucking stop.

guidebridgeblue

goat

aguero gets dzekos shirt and now he needs 5 chances to score

coincidence?

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on August 23, 2015, 17:03:15
Fuckinell, three idiots on Sky all agreeing that Everton's 'goal' was offside but that they were unlucky for it to be disallowed. How FFS it is unlucky to have a goal disallowed for offside when they all agree that it WAS offside is beyond me. Panel of fucking morons. Good job linesman full fucking stop.
I guess they were saying it was as tight as a nuns....

And I hope the Everton fan is ok!

gavin

It might have been tight but it is still not unlucky to have an offside goal given offside.

KunDB

Well desrved goal from magnificent football.

Lekos

Navas is bloody useless.  Sterling hasn't had a great game either...looks a bit flappy.

goat

Tricky Trev

Very impressive, and by my hero nasri.

Lekos

Not a great performance, but great result. 

KunDB

Nasri is a lazy shit but good goal. Navas can be so wasteful.

We are playing beautiful football and with 100% committment.

KunDB

Quote from: Lekos on August 23, 2015, 17:56:09
Not a great performance, but great result.

Really, we totally outplayed a hard working Everton team at Goodison.

Swiss

Sexy second goal that, Ruud would be pleased!

Sooner De Bruyne gets in the better.

The ref wasn't giving anything to us today.

RS, def development needed, got the assist though.

We weren't at our best but it was a good win against a team that gave us a good workout.

3 clean sheets, 3 wins and 8 goals scored. Couldn't ask for a better start!

gavin

I thought Navas had a great game generally, really put his man under a lot of pressure. However, his finishing is dreadful. Anyone can miss em, even Serge, but his strike rate from decent chances is embarrassing.

Overall a great win with one or two concerns. Finishing not great and a few too many free kicks given away again. But it really is harsh indeed to grumble after the start we have had. We looks a very, very good team and still strengthening.