News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Toffes v City Thread

Started by 93:2012, August 23, 2015, 15:32:39

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

the belgian for navas and not many will stop us

clevblue

A good early season win, no problem really from Toffees

Sterling did well, fights for balls, works hard, but needs time to settle

I liked samir's goal

Neil Mcnab

Great result, can hopefully forget of Everton as a bogey team, especially if Martinez stays in charge.
I think Navas has upped his game since KDB has been in the news. The fact that an improved performance is still short of the mark is testament to him never having been right for us.

Toure still jogs around, fine going forward, poor defensively. If he is the answer, we must be asking the wrong question.

zacc

Well credit due, toffees played very well as per. The difference today was how much every City player fought, worked on & off the ball,
which I loved. I think Navas has improved, still bit headless at shooting lol   Good to see Nasri  though he looks off the pace still.
Well happy so far  :D

Stephen Paul

big vincent back to his best is definately making a difference

bry the guy

I havent got a complaint about anything and if we carry on like this we will break records left right and centre.
I beleve we matched a 103 year old city record of 9 wins out of 9 today.

Swiss

The difference in this game compared to the other two (IMHO) was that Yaya sat back a lot and didn't help Silva out by being a threat and dragging another player off him.

Navas should have squared it to Serge who was free in the box rather than shoot, could have been another 3-0 and I'd have my prediction correct! :D

Victoria

I thought Navas played well but he is to selfish at times. However, another tough game out of the way  :)

bry the guy

Rowley Birkin QC

Nowt much wrong with that. Admittedly, after his exertions in the Chavs match, Yaya went back to his lumber dinosaur impersonation, but it's hard to find fault with such a good solid team performance such as that. Two good goals - both of which came about from excellent work in the build up - Silva keeping hold of the ball in the middle for the build up to Nasri's in particular. Silva was superb once again.

Quote from: bry the guy on August 23, 2015, 19:27:42
I beleve we matched a 103 year old city record of 9 wins out of 9 today.

Indeed. Apparently the last time we did this it was the same month the Titanic sank!

Stephen Paul

Quote from: goat on August 23, 2015, 17:45:10
navas is fucking awful
he got 8/10 in the ratings , thought he was alright

Lekos

He is alright, apart from he can't shoot or pass.

goat

Quote from: stephenmcfc on August 24, 2015, 07:03:00
Quote from: goat on August 23, 2015, 17:45:10
navas is fucking awful
he got 8/10 in the ratings , thought he was alright

not sure ratings by his mum count stevie

i prefered him when he was called huckerby

Stephen Paul

well the keepers face kept his shot out

Lekos

I'm surprised people thought Navas played well.  He ran a lot, but that's about it. 

Stephen Paul

he was shite last season , improvement so far this season, he could do with a couple of goals though

bry the guy

I think he dose  a great job for the team streaching the defence as Sterling dose on the other wing.We have much more space in the middle now we have two wide players on the pitch.Thats my opinion anyway.

Swiss

True, but also frustrating that he's a head down and run player rather than one with vision!

Stephen Paul

Quote from: bry the guy on August 24, 2015, 19:15:13
I think he dose  a great job for the team streaching the defence as Sterling dose on the other wing.We have much more space in the middle now we have two wide players on the pitch.Thats my opinion anyway.
Totally agree with that

goat

Quote from: bry the guy on August 24, 2015, 19:15:13

aye but the problem comes when the other teams work out he will do fuck all with the ball and let him crack on with just running a bit