News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Canaries

Started by KunDB, October 31, 2015, 14:03:22

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

C'mon City, lets be 'aving you

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Can tell I haven't had enough sleep when the first thing I thought when I saw that is "What the fuck is Navas doing at left back?!?!!?"

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Best position for Bony as well.

Off the pitch!

KunDB

Subs: Caballero, Demichelis, Mangala, Fernando, Garcia, Roberts, Sterling

Swiss

I'm going to single out Bony, KDB & Sagna: Must do better in the 2nd half

gavin

I thought Bony was better apart from the finishing touch. The likelihood is that we will find a way through I think but it is tough so far. Kelechi not in the game much. I reckon we will fly out of the blocks second half.

ebm1991

The Blue Blooded Maniac

What the shizzle Hart!!!

Stephen Paul

ebm1991

Why does Bony not pass for feck sake!

Tricky Trev

Quote from: stephenmcfc on October 31, 2015, 16:49:45
bony is shite

That's why.

How does these fecking matches keep happening? Scrappy fucking absurd close games. As nice as the win in the end was, I am so sick of it.

But ofc you would miss Kolarov. :strangle:

Swiss

Alls well that ends well, though feckin my Sterling dream team points have taken a hit, should have had that first goal and should have had that 2nd pen.

Tricky Trev

Yeah he should have taken the pen if he wanted to, he feckin earned it and it was all over anyway.

Swiss

Bony, 9 shots, 1 on target...

gavin

We made hard work of that but you can't roll over teams every week. Norwich kept it very tight and we were without our two best attacking players.  Bony played quite well in general play but finishing dreadful. Just delighted to win in the end after gifting them back into the game.

KunDB

A real scrappy error filled performance that is becoming an occurence far too often.

Neil Mcnab

Otamendi has been superb in the last couple of games. No year of settling in, a couple of months.
Toure scored a decent penalty, added little besides. He spent more energy complaining about coming off than he did in the game. Wheres Delph? Toure needs strong competition for that spot in the team. My guess is as soon as there is competition, he will be benched, the toys will then be well and truly be out of the pram. I am not sure if Delph is that competition, or we need to bring someone in at the next window. He used to jog around, its more of a brisk walk now. 

Lekos

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on October 31, 2015, 18:26:27
Wheres Delph?

Injured.

3 points are 3 points. Bony is not cut out for this level.

Swiss

I actually thought Toure had a decent enough game. Norwich failed to press which meant he could play his passing game.

71% possession speaks for itself. Though only getting 6 out of 20 on target also speaks for itself!

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on October 31, 2015, 18:26:27
Toure scored a decent penalty, added little besides. He spent more energy complaining about coming off than he did in the game.

Watching on TV as he came off I thought Yaya pointed to his eye in a kind of "didn't look"gesture to Pellers. So I think he was expressing his anger at Bony failing to pass to him when he was open on gaol - rather than being pissed off about being subbed. Have to agree with Swiss - I thought this was one of Yaya's better recent performances, with more drive and energy.

We were OK in the first half and calmly in control, but after Otamendi's excellent header it all went a bit Keystone Cops for me. Daft errors (by both keepers); wasted chances; missed pen; and the ball pinging around all over the place. Anything can happen in games like this if a loose ball just happens to fall at the feet of someone at the right moment. Hart, at least, redeemed himself later with a fine save in the scrambled last minutes.

Pellegrini certainly didn't help matters by deciding to sub one of our two most creative and dangerous players (De Bruyne) for a defensive midfielder with the best part of 20 minutes still to play. I didn't like that at all - not when it's still only 1-0. Way too negative Pellers and you nearly paid the price  >:(

Otamendi is indeed going very well.