News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Ya Ya

Started by Stephen Paul, November 01, 2015, 07:51:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Time to get rid I reckon . He thinks he is bigger than the club

gavin

No. He is still playing an important part. He is developing into a different player because he cannot produce the barnstorming runs anymore but he has a great eye for a pass and a big moment temperament still.

Rowley Birkin QC

Several recent games when I've thought the rest of the midfield were carrying him. Very frustrating, but as Gavin says, even on Yaya's less mobile days, I always think he's on the verge of pulling something out of the bag. The pass that unlocks a stubborn defence, the hammer blow shot from the edge of the area; and those sublime free kicks... No reason to get rid yet.

KunDB

I would play him less. Prepare him for a coaching role in the club.

Lekos

Yaya in a coaching role? Hahahaha. Funniest thing on citymancs foe a while.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Most of the time he frustrates the hell out of me but like what's been said he can change the game with one pass. Also when were in possession and the opposing players are charging everyone down, you know when we play someone half decent, when he receives the ball be just holds the ball and makes a few little clever shimmies and brings a calm to procedings.

I'd keep him but obviously not play him as a DM but in the supporting striker role but not when Bonys playing!!! Kun, Silva and Yaya in a triangle would suit him with them running around like nutters and he can stroll around And a pick a pass out for them.

Neil Mcnab

Yaya is always saying how no one respects him, but thats a two way street. Compare his behaviour to Kun or Silva. His negatives outweigh anything he used to add to the team. Its obvious he is not up to it in midfield anymore. Picking a pass, good, but for about half the time we dont have the ball.  As for pushing him up the field as some kind of cardboard cut out second striker, in seasons past it worked well. This season he cannot do that either.
Bin off.
Who to replace him with?

alexsam

The guy is class and should be shown more respect from some fans.

Give me yaya any day ahead of a tony grealish or an Andy may.

goat

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on November 01, 2015, 16:10:14

Who to replace him with?

predictable answer would be pogba

goat

Quote from: alexsam on November 01, 2015, 16:28:40

those two are probably still quicker

alexsam

The only time may was quick was going to his hairdressers

Lekos

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on November 01, 2015, 16:10:14
Who to replace him with?

Pjanić. But he'll probably end up at Bayern.

Swiss

Quote from: alexsam on November 01, 2015, 16:28:40

The guy was class, but age catches up to us all, just him a bit sooner than others at 32!

The role of midfield beast requires stamina in abundance, but his is on the wane.

If we take our cross town rivals for instance, they held on to their ageing stars too long and they went into decline for a few years.

lee

i wonder if he's any good at being a goalie