News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Arse v City

Started by gavin, December 21, 2015, 19:19:03

Previous topic - Next topic

alexsam

Rowley said it all for me.

But here are a few moans for you.

At the match last night there were about 200 Belgians there for what for many was their first City game. Rumour has it that VK managed to box off 200 tickets of them. Not sure if that a fact but it being said so I will gossip.

For those who do not know the premier league give clubs money which is supposed to be used for the clubs to help fans at away games. For instance Stoke have free coaches.

The last two years City have subsidised Chelsea and Arsenal away games. Last night Arsenal were charging £64 a ticket but City used the money to make them £32.

Fucking shocking that a load of tickets made it to first timers and the club and other fans get in a flap when at the games fans who have gone for years are pissed off seeing as loads of regulars are missing these games.

What is the point of paying platinum or building loyalty points up?

Bollocks to it, I going to do what I should have done years ago and join the money merry go round when it comes to City and football.

Lekos

Bloody hell, you buying the club mate?  You heard it here first folks.  All hail alexsam.

bluebrendan

Quote from: goat on December 21, 2015, 20:47:58
is mangala the  lovechild of alan kernaghan

Never mind that, is Otamendi the love child of Kit Symons??

Quote from: alexsam on December 22, 2015, 16:13:48

The last two years City have subsidised Chelsea and Arsenal away games. Last night Arsenal were charging £64 a ticket but City used the money to make them £32.

It was only £32 for S/card holders, not everyone.

alexsam

So you saying it is ok for the club to syphon tickets off for JCL's and possibly charge £64 when you know and I know we could sell for £32 to season card holders

Tickets sold out at over 13000 points for this game to season card holders so don't give me that crap mate.

If I sound annoyed it is because I am. Its a disgrace.

Lekos - I wish I could.

bluebrendan

Quote from: alexsam on December 22, 2015, 17:37:57
So you saying it is ok for the club to syphon tickets off for JCL's and possibly charge £64 when you know and I know we could sell for £32 to season card holders

Tickets sold out at over 13000 points for this game to season card holders so don't give me that crap mate.

If I sound annoyed it is because I am. Its a disgrace.

Lekos - I wish I could.

Try reading my post before putting words in my mouth.

I was telling you that the £32 tickets were only for S/card holders, did I make a comment on whether selling to outside parties at £64 was ok or not?

For the record I don't think it's ok at all but the club own the tickets and they decide how to distribute them, have you tried complaining to the club?

nimrod

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on December 22, 2015, 10:47:31
OK then... had to zoom straight off to work after the final whistle, so this is my first chance to comment. A very disappointing loss in a big game, but I'm with bry the guy - I don't think Arsenal were significantly any better than us.

Their first goal was very good (we just stood off a touch too much in the build up) but that effort was matched by Yaya's sublime finish. The goal that separated the two teams had a fair bit of good fortune about it (through Hart's legs). Both sides had their chances and each could have scored a goal or two more. Overall I don't think either team were at their best. Arsenal gave the ball away more than we did, and they looked almost as shaky as City at the back once we added some pace to the flanks and got stuck into them. I don't think Arsenal could have complained much if we had recovered a point.

For me we were our usual crap selves, the Yaya goal came out of nothing and i can only remember the KDB chance first half, other than that we never looked like even threatening to score until the last few minutes.
They missed so many chances to score, we seemed to have no cutting edge or creativity whereas they seemed to be able to cut through us like a knife. I thought we were 2nd best in terms of chances to score ie where it counts.

Rowley Birkin QC

Shots:
Arsenal = 8 
City = 20

Shots on target:
Arsenal = 5 
City = 6

I agree Arsenal had marginally the better chances and certainly finished better on two occasions. Your last statement is correct, but hardly a one sided contest. Yaya's goal did not come "out of nothing" (a sustained period of City pressure)

Lekos

Shots off target might be one of the most vacuous stats Rowley.

We were really good, we missed the target 14 times.

Rowley Birkin QC

Agreed, and I suppose that's Nimrod's point, but I still don't think it was as one sided as some of you seem to believe.

nimrod

As far as stats go, Im with Summerbee  ;)

we were decidedly average and Im sure it will continue under Pelle, weve lost 5 now and its not even Xmas, thats not even top 4 standard

Ken I think your secretly working for the City Group PR dept.

Rowley Birkin QC

Hardly...

I call it as I see it.

I thought Arsenal were a bit average as well. As BBM said - if City had played a little better the result might well have been very different. But yes - Pellers needs to sort things out.

KunDB

We lack committment, consistency and leadership. We cruise games and then think we can cruise against better opposition, and we get found out.

Pelle has failed to lead and motivate these players who take the foot of the pedal at every opportunity.

Compounding this is the obsession of focussing mainly on the Champions League in a vain hope  we can win it (too early).

I  said it before Pelle is nice affable guy, a shit average manager and a dead man walking. We should be cruising to the Premier League title this season with the squad and quality of players we have, not struggling to be in the top 4.

If I was these (lazy deluded) players I would be wondering if Pep has a place in the team for me next season or am I out the door come summer.

nimrod

As far as the performance v Arse goes I agree with these guys on the video below , especially Alejandro and Burley

http://www.espnfcasia.com/video/espn-fc-tv/86/video/2767662/moreno-pellegrini-pulls-a-brendan-rodgers

Lekos

Hahaha.  Don't think I've ever seen a bunch of more reprobate, Z list 'pundits'.  Who the fuck is Alejandro Moreno?!  You don't half put up with a load of shite over there in Oz land!

Marcotti is mostly an annoying twot, but the only one on the show with half a brain.

Lekos

I have an issue with the sentiment that we should be "cruising to the title".  This is a annoying mindset of the Yoonited fans of yesteryear, taking the league for granted and assuming they should be winning by a clear margin each and every year. 

Yes, we have been shit from time to time this season.  We could have played better in certain games, that is for sure.  However, I for one am glad our league is competitive.  I'm glad there is not a 19 point gap between 2nd and 1st like in the French league.  I'm glad there is not one team that will win the league each season like the Bundesliga or pretty much two teams in the running like in La Liga.

We all want our team to win.  We all like to have a moan from time to time about certain players / tactics / games and that's fine, but I'd get bored pretty fucking quickly if we were 19 points clear each and every season.  Conversely, this is the only thing that will make some people happy, and I think that's a shame.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on December 22, 2015, 22:12:43
Agreed, and I suppose that's Nimrod's point, but I still don't think it was as one sided as some of you seem to believe.
It wasn't one-sided but at no time did I feel we were controlling the game, Arsenal set the tactical agenda if you like. Yes we had more possession and territory in the first 30 mins but that was Wenger's ploy to sit back early on and make sure they didn't concede. We created nothing in that "dominant" spell, then had our first real chance on the counter when KdB should have passed to Silva. A minute later we conceded and from then on we were struggling until the last 15 mins or so when Arsenal seemed to tire a little and we started to make some decent chances.

alexsam

Quote from: bluebrendan on December 22, 2015, 18:06:52
Try reading my post before putting words in my mouth.

I was telling you that the £32 tickets were only for S/card holders, did I make a comment on whether selling to outside parties at £64 was ok or not?

For the record I don't think it's ok at all but the club own the tickets and they decide how to distribute them, have you tried complaining to the club?

I apologise if I came across a bit narky and quick to jump at you.

My understanding is that the club negotiates with the home club about the possible allocation of tickets and then decides what to buy knowing what it can sell to us or rather thinks it can sell to us City fans.

With this game I am pissed off that the club used money given from the premier league to subsidise tickets and could have done so for many more season card holders.

What needs to be completely clarified is if the corporate or Belgian block paid £64 or £32. This does not take away the fact that these tickets should have gone to season card holders full stop

gavin

Quote from: Lekos on December 23, 2015, 08:39:07
I have an issue with the sentiment that we should be "cruising to the title".  This is a annoying mindset of the Yoonited fans of yesteryear, taking the league for granted and assuming they should be winning by a clear margin each and every year. 

Honestly, I look at our squad and I look at that of Leicester, Arse the rags and the rest and ours is plainly stronger. Again, we have clearly played well below ourselves in too many matches this season when we started the season on a stated mission not to do so. Some of our defending has been bordering on embarrassing. We have had a number of injuries and this explains some of our problems but too many times have I seen our side be clearly superior to the opposition on paper but drop points. It is bound to happen occasionally, that is football, and why we love it, but too much to us of late. In my view we are under-performing.

I don't expect to walk the league every year. But the competition is pretty poor this year. We are only barely clear of the rags and they are triple shite.