News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Arse v City

Started by gavin, December 21, 2015, 19:19:03

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

Quote from: BBM on December 21, 2015, 21:51:58
It would help if he was played in a position that flatters him

sat down in the box with 20 benson?

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I totally agree that he's a lazy shit but in the whole time he has been with city how many times has been effective in the holding position? Zero

goat

i think his best position now is in mls or one of  those leagues

Swiss

Quote from: goat on December 21, 2015, 21:57:45
for about 70 minutes its was like they had the wrong toure  on

the dead one

I felt guilty for laughing, then got over it.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Yeppers. Now Delph's fit and looking pretty handy we have no need to play him there.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: goat on December 21, 2015, 21:57:45
for about 70 minutes its was like they had the wrong toure  on

the dead one

The should get him to read that out on the 'mean tweets' video

nimrod

anyway I got up at 5:45 am to watch that shit its 8 oclock now and Im fucking depressed

think I'll take up smoking again

Yeah goat, the dead Toure................fitting

gavin

Shit defending could have cost us big at the start of that half again. We could have got something out of it in the end but really it wouldn't have papered over the obvious - we don't defend well enough to win the league. The only hope is for Vinny to come back and that is a disgrace given the investment. The manager can't organise a defence and the expensive players we have bought at the back aren't good enough to cope without proper organisation.

It seems clear to me that Yaya was played in the wrong position initially. Honestly, I was taken aback when Pelle indicated Delph was on the left and Yaya was the defensive midfielder. Delph had to be defensive and Yaya further forward. Having said that I have little doubt that we'd still have conceded a couple anyway.

Lekos

Quote from: BBM on December 21, 2015, 21:58:52
I totally agree that he's a lazy shit but in the whole time he has been with city how many times has been effective in the holding position? Zero

Fernandinho was the holding midfielder

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Quote from: Lekos on December 21, 2015, 22:06:46
Fernandinho was the holding midfielder

The both were

Quote from: gavin on December 21, 2015, 22:05:48
It seems clear to me that Yaya was played in the wrong position initially. Honestly, I was taken aback when Pelle indicated Delph was on the left and Yaya was the defensive midfielder. Delph had to be defensive and Yaya further forward. Having said that I have little doubt that we'd still have conceded a couple anyway.

How can it be so obvious to us but lost on Pelle?

Hesperus

Beaten in another big game. Happens every time. Pathetic.

KunDB

Well Pelle explain your tactics tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nimrod

Quote from: BBM on December 21, 2015, 22:08:38
The both were

How can it be so obvious to us but lost on Pelle?

Best squad weve ever had being wasted

sheik must be chewing his nuts

bry the guy

i just have to say that its been a very long time since our team got in to the other team like we did,
we gave them a good game I dont think they were better than us in fact i think we deserved at leaste a point.

Ludo

A point? They could have been 4 up before we scored.

Yaya and silva on the same team is a luxury we can't afford any more.

Lekos

When it was 2-1 I was thinking it would obviously be fantastic if we nicked a point, but at the same time thinking how much Arsenal would be robbed if we did.  We deserved nothing from last night.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Yep. Arsenal deserved the win but didn't look anything special which makes things even more frustrating.

It's just getting the basics wrong or just not doing them at all which any half decent manager would be able to rectify.

Rowley Birkin QC

OK then... had to zoom straight off to work after the final whistle, so this is my first chance to comment. A very disappointing loss in a big game, but I'm with bry the guy - I don't think Arsenal were significantly any better than us.

Their first goal was very good (we just stood off a touch too much in the build up) but that effort was matched by Yaya's sublime finish. The goal that separated the two teams had a fair bit of good fortune about it (through Hart's legs). Both sides had their chances and each could have scored a goal or two more. Overall I don't think either team were at their best. Arsenal gave the ball away more than we did, and they looked almost as shaky as City at the back once we added some pace to the flanks and got stuck into them. I don't think Arsenal could have complained much if we had recovered a point.

But that didn't happen and we came away empty handed. Yes, the Delph / Yaya positional thing was an odd choice. It only served to isolate Yaya - even more than usual - from where the real action was for much of the game - until, that is, Silva went off and Yaya was pushed forward and became much more involved. To my eyes our initial plan appeared to be to hit them on the break - but if that was the case surely Navas would have been a more potent starting option? Pellegrini's tactics seem strangely muddled sometimes... like he's fishing around for a solution but isn't quite sure in his own mind what it is.

(Sorry for the long post - but you're all used to it by now)

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Ludo on December 22, 2015, 07:23:10
Yaya and silva on the same team is a luxury we can't afford any more.

It's increasingly starting to look like that. They can still work well together in the right circumstances, but to accommodate them together forces compromises elsewhere on the team sheet that we can ill afford,

goat

Quote from: BBM on December 22, 2015, 10:24:51

It's just getting the basics wrong or just not doing them at all which any half decent manager would be able to rectify.

cant blame manager for everything, unless he told mangala to play like a ming