News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

new badge

Started by lee, December 23, 2015, 17:30:20

Previous topic - Next topic

bry the guy

I think its a mistake not putting FC on it and a big one at that.

gavin

I can see why people object to that omission but it's not important to me. There is no other organisation known as Manchester City that I know of. Just the football club. Not much room for confusion.

Lekos

I think it's alright. Seeing it mocked up on the current shirt swung it for me - looks really nice on the shirt.

Ludo

As with all things it's a matter of opinion.

I've no concerns with the round style, I grew up with it, I've no concerns with any of the symbols individually but simply that the inclusion of all of them coupled with the intended 3D effect makes the badge look childish and comic book. Compare our new design to the simpler but similar designs of the older round badges or those of Leicester City or Celtic, sometimes less is more.

There's a whole generation of City supporters, my son being one of them, to whom ships and rivers and roses mean absolutely nothing but MCFC means a lot. As to the exclusion of the term Football Club, I remember a few years back when utd took it off their badge stating that they were more than just a football club they were a "global brand". I don't want to be a global brand.

alexsam

Ludo we are a global brand now, there no getting away from that. It is why we can sell tickets to anyone and no one bats an eyelid

However I do like the badge

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Would be nice if the club made a special shirt and came to an agreement with nike and etihad to allow something historic

bry the guy

i HAVE THAT SHIRT ON NOW BUT WITH LONG SLEAVES i also have the short sleave number 8 shirt with the the three rivers and my son got me the black and red 1969 fa cup final shirt with the Manchester coat of arms on for xmas, they are much better shirts than the new ones.

Sorry about the caps.

gavin

I have updated the site images. I have to say I like the look of it at the top right of the forum and on the main index when new posts are there. Big improvement on the eagle. But we stick with the lovely old badge for the citymancs side of course.