News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Sunderland Thread

Started by KunDB, December 26, 2015, 14:03:55

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

City XI: Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Toure (C), De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Bony

Subs: Caballero, Kompany, Clichy, Demichelis, Navas, Delph, Aguero

That's it Pelle, easy match so rest Aguero and Kompany,

OMG I Despair.

C'mon City

Swiss

Well I don't want Kompany rushed back. Aguero looked well short of natch fitness last match. Bony complained publicly, looks like Pellers is giving him one last chance or he's bowed down to pressure/ doesn't give a fuck!

KunDB

Kompany and Aguero must be fit, they are on the bench. Rotation in a busy Christmas period (Aguero). Ok if we are top with points in hand, but we are 6 behind playing shit.

Bony is a proven failure.

bry the guy

Swiss

Sent you a pm for links. Looks a dodgy name... but it's not

Physically fit and match fit are two different things

Swiss

Has yaya been reading fan comments? He's actually running about the pitch! Just seen him sprint past nando

KunDB

I'm happy now we are 3 0 up.  :)

Swiss

KunDB

Ok Swiss and that Bony scored a very good goal (and looks like he is trying).

bry the guy

KunDB

The minute I saw Bony step up for the penalty I thought MISS

Stephen Paul

Kompany injured again fer fook sake 😩

lee

good boring stuff..
nice to see silva back in his stride...
kdb worth every penny
bony is not just shit..he's dogshit..

Ludo

Even after the penalty miss, when you think he'd at least show a bit of effort, he didn't look like he was arsed.

I'd give Ihenacho a run out before Bony in future.

Swiss

Good entertainment, didn't like the ref though.

Some great football played. Kompany sour note.
Nice to see yaya putting a good shift in even if he did tail off.
KDB looking like player of the season!
Shame about their goal, don't know if it was offside or not...

Neil Mcnab

A great result, some of the football was sublime. Sunderland were dogshit.

KunDB

Our defence is dogshit.

Bony should be sold January.

gavin

Great result, some great football but plenty of dodgy defending too and just when we thought our saviour might be back....

Nevertheless it has been a great days football thus far. We must go to Leicester and put them in their place.

Rowley Birkin QC

A very good win. Say what you like about the quality of the opposition, but what a difference a more match fit Silva and a more engaged Yaya can make. But for me the stand out was De Bruyne. He was excellent, not just on the ball but his work off the ball (looking for space and tracking back) were exemplary. He and Silva roamed quite freely across the middle at times and poor old Sunderland had no answers (well...  none that were legal anyway)

I have to say I think some of you are being a bit harsh on Bony. I agree he seemed to lose interest after the penalty miss, but before that he worked hard and held the ball up well - in spite of O'Shea fouling him on almost every single occasion. Bony got nothing from the ref and O'Shea should have got a yellow for persistent grappling and holding.

Really feel for Kompany.

Rowley Birkin QC

Incidentally - something I meant to say at half time but was too exhausted to get off the sofa - was I though for once Pellegrini had learnt his lesson.

I had few concerns with the team sheet when I saw it as it was obvious Yaya was going to play the deeper role alongside Fernandinho - which is about the only way you can accommodate Yaya in the same starting 11 with both Silva and De Bruyne IMO. This was a return to familiar territory and gone were the strange midfield experimentations of the Arsenal game. Everyone look much more comfortable with what was expected of them.

Also - Anyone else think that the booking helped focus Sterling's mind somewhat...