News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Eagles Thread

Started by KunDB, January 16, 2016, 14:29:19

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernando, Delph, De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Iheanacho

Caballero, Clichy, Sagna, Humphreys, Toure, Sterling, Navas

Yaya benched Kelechi starts up front with Sergio Yippee

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Nacho man will be on the wing no doubt

KunDB

No doubt, Sterling on bench.

But he will be in the box with Sergio to give CP a little more to think about than just marking Aguero. 

Swiss

Nice hit from delph but the keeper should have had that.

And I didn't think you were allowed to do that to a keeper anymore?

Swiss

Nicely worked for the second

KunDB

4 0 and cruising.

A very good performance all round today and for once the breaks fell for us.

Swiss

Delph's motm more than deserved today

gavin

I enjoyed the game, not our greatest performance but still some fine football and always nice to win 4-0. I thought Iheanacho looked a very good footballer despite not getting the chances to score today. He looked to have a very accomplished touch. Having said that, I also thought that the class of Yaya showed when he came on the field. He played some beautiful passes and it reinforced my view that he is still a key player. It's pleasing that Delph is now showing persistent fitness and a good effort for his goal though the keeper won't sleep well tonight. All round a good win with some lovely football and good goals.

Neil Mcnab

Great result, Delph MOTM. Is Fernando understated, working efficiently in the background, good performance going unnoticed, or pretty shit?

Rowley Birkin QC

Not at our best again (at least in the first half) but we steadily settled into it and our quality began to tell.

Yaya showed why he is still important to us with his first touch of the ball - and went on to confirm it thereafter. We were stronger going up the middle with him on (...and he was prepared to run a bit!)

I agree with Mcnab that Fernando did alright. He and Delph were a bit at six's and seven's in the first half and Palace over-ran us at times in the middle, but they sorted themselves out in the second and our back line was under much less pressure after that.

Aguero very close to being back to his lethal best. Silva as well.

All good - Good win. 

Swiss

Yes Yaya still has quality, you don't loose the touch or but he can't do it for 90 minutes anymore and he can't outpace players either. No one doubts he has quality. But he cannot sustain it, he was blowing out of his cheeks 10 minutes after he came on.