News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pep confirmed!!!!

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, February 01, 2016, 13:15:58

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

Quote from: goat on February 02, 2016, 14:53:34
because managing barca and bayern with those players are not really a huge test and his european record should be better

Yes he inherited great teams at those clubs, as he will at City, he just needs to tinker with our team and get them playing his way, we dont need rebuilding

Our cred in world football by getting Pep has just gone up by erm..

(Swiss pie chart needed)

(Swiss pie sounds nice actually)

gavin

It's a different world from getting turned down by Dave Bassett.

reddishblue

No wonder you wanted to meet me in a gay bar. For the record I meant the Legh Arms opposite Openshawe Tech. Don't show your arse in there whatever you do.

Ludo

We may not need rebuilding be we do need a good gutting out.

Yaya and Fernando probably top the 'to go' list and he'll need at least two new full backs. I cant imagine Mangala features highly in his dream team either.

gavin

Quote from: reddishblue on February 02, 2016, 23:07:55
No wonder you wanted to meet me in a gay bar. For the record I meant the Legh Arms opposite Openshawe Tech. Don't show your arse in there whatever you do.

What the fuck is that about?

KunDB

Quote from: nimrod on February 02, 2016, 10:18:29
"With part of the Barcelona brains trust already in place â€" the executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Beguiristain â€" Guardiola can pursue his work without the kind of interference or off-stage chirping he encountered in Germany."

but does citopest still hate them ?

I am a very understanding and forgiving man, as you know, they have delivered on the transfer front and now on the manager front as well, so I have forgiven them their past failings.

They only have to deliver the quad next season to keep out of my bad books.

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on February 02, 2016, 23:05:31
It's a different world from getting turned down by Dave Bassett.

you mean Dave Bassett 'England Manager'  :D

Swiss

Quote from: nimrod on February 02, 2016, 22:58:28

(Swiss pie sounds nice actually)

Google Goatse

Quote from: Ludo on February 02, 2016, 23:11:50
We may not need rebuilding be we do need a good gutting out.

Yaya and Fernando probably top the 'to go' list and he'll need at least two new full backs. I cant imagine Mangala features highly in his dream team either.

Out - 8 Players
Def - Sagna, Clichy, Demi, Mangala
Mid - Navas, Nasri, Yaya
Stk -Bony

Unless we're willing to give a kid the chance or bring in 2 x CM's, i can't see us getting rid of Fernando. Given the outlay needed to bring in the following positions, I think he'll be here another season. But that's only because of the other areas that need strengthening first. Also depends how Dave will fit in, if they're looking to replicate that Xavi/iniesta partnership then Dave could be used more there.

In - 5 to 7 players...

Def - £30 to £70mil estimated
1 x RB or promote Maffeo
1 x LB or promote Angelino
1 x CB & Promote Denayer

Mid - £70mil+ with Pogba & Neymar rumoured... they'll prob both be at Barce next season + Sanchis (Arsenal) the sky's the limit on spends
1 x CM
2 x wide mid/fwds

Atk - £50mil min
1 x Stk - my top choices would be Lacazette or Cavani

Minimum spend is £150mil...

Here's an interesting look at Pep's tactics
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/9-pep-guardiola-formations-last-year-demonstrating-bayern-munichs-tactical-flexibility#:eMraWSEzML8HsA

nimrod

Been slyly grinning at the Pep thread on rag cafe, theyre really upset   :D

This is my favourite post so far, the question was, Peps appointment, how will it affect us ?

It means City twisting us inside out with quick interchanging and 75%+ possession at Old Trafford, whilst we camp on the edge of our own box...

It's obviously not all over, it doesn't spell inevitable doom for United, but there can be little doubt which club will be favourites to clean up the most trophies in the next three years (and play the best, most expansive football whilst doing it). Mourinho with a point to prove and on full wind-up mode is probably our best bet of stopping/disrupting City in this coming period, but that sadly seems like a very unlikely prospect at this stage.

It's a great coup for City. Guardiola looks like the final piece of the puzzle in their quest to be taken properly seriously on the European stage. He'll be a boost for them in the transfer market too. The bastards.

clevblue

Quote from: nimrod on February 03, 2016, 09:15:40

This is my favourite post so far, the question was, Peps appointment, how will it affect us ?

It means City twisting us inside out with quick interchanging and 75%+ possession at Old Trafford, whilst we camp on the edge of our own box...

It's obviously not all over, it doesn't spell inevitable doom for United, but there can be little doubt which club will be favourites to clean up the most trophies in the next three years (and play the best, most expansive football whilst doing it). Mourinho with a point to prove and on full wind-up mode is probably our best bet of stopping/disrupting City in this coming period, but that sadly seems like a very unlikely prospect at this stage.

It's a great coup for City. Guardiola looks like the final piece of the puzzle in their quest to be taken properly seriously on the European stage. He'll be a boost for them in the transfer market too. The bastards.

That sounds like it could be my brother in law!  :)

Swiss

Rowley Birkin QC

What?! So does this mean that my (and goat's) dream of Zlatan signing for City is finally over? I'm gutted

reddishblue

Quote from: nimrod on February 03, 2016, 09:15:40

Is there a forum upon which you do not whore yourself?  :D

goat

nimrod

Quote from: reddishblue on February 03, 2016, 22:29:41
Is there a forum upon which you do not whore yourself?  :D

would never post on there mate but love reading/gloating what they say when we achieve summat significant, whether reading a thread on there can be termed whoring......Im not sure.

they are extremely jealous of what they conceive to be our long term planning, ie.weve been grooming Pep since 2012 and were grooming his eventual successor, plus what weve done with the academy, it all shows a long term strategy, something they havent got.

City are a team who've clearly set out a course which involved building up perhaps the world's best academy (in terms of money invested), have built up a decent team that everyone knows needs a bit of retooling - yet it's February and theyre still in all four competitions playing a style of football I would run over my own dog for (I dont own a dog... YET) in comparison to what we watch at Old Trafford.

Have they cut back their academy spending by 15%? Have they refused to accept the resignation of their manager who has the team playing the least aesthetically pleasing brand of football in the country? Is their team 5 points behind 4th place in the table?

No. It's us. Yet they're the ones who are upgrading their manager by looking to the future and planning ahead accordingly.

:D

reddishblue

You've only just got it? Fucking hell.

nimrod