News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Superbowl 50 - video review bollocks

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, February 08, 2016, 00:17:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Anyone watching it?

Panthers have just been totally screwed on a good challenge to an incomplete pass ruling - that was clearly complete. Still ruled incomplete by the idiots in the video booth. Panthers then concede a touchdown on the next play. Umpires might as well just hand the trophy to Denver right now so we can all go and get on with something more useful. I've turned off in disgust.

God help us if we ever get in-game video review in proper football.

shandon

I'm usually more interested in the half time performances  :D
Who is winning?

Rowley Birkin QC

OK - I admit I turned it back on for the half time show... 

shandon

It's only half time now? These games take forever!

Rowley Birkin QC

As would a proper game of football if they ever introduce in-game video review.

Victoria

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on February 08, 2016, 00:17:51
Anyone watching it?

Panthers have just been totally screwed on a good challenge to an incomplete pass ruling - that was clearly complete. Still ruled incomplete by the idiots in the video booth. Panthers then concede a touchdown on the next play. Umpires might as well just hand the trophy to Denver right now so we can all go and get on with something more useful. I've turned off in disgust.

God help us if we ever get in-game video review in proper football.

the decision was correct; that guy never had full control of the ball - we all shouted at the tv incomplete when it happened, and so it was deemed so.

BTW: I don't care who wins, but get your money on Baltimore to win Super Bowl 51!

Rowley Birkin QC

You (and the idiots in the booth) need your eyes testing. Certainly fumbled the first attempt but had the ball firmly locked to his chest before he grounded on the second attempt (and held on to it - in spite of the Bronco's defender's best efforts to knock it out as they rolled on the deck)

And then there was the failure to flag the blatant pass interference on the Panthers promising early 4th Quarter drive.

I didn't have a horse in this race either - but no doubt in my mind the umpires handed Denver two 'gift' decisions at critical moments.

Swiss

I do not know why I'm here, NFL bores the shit out of me!

goat

Quote from: City Chic on February 08, 2016, 03:41:03
the decision was correct; that guy never had full control of the ball - we all shouted at the tv incomplete when it happened, and so it was deemed so.

he really did, the ball didnt touch the ground

they were screwed with the sack too

goat

biggest question here

why  didnt kenny join the fantasy nfl?

Rowley Birkin QC

I don't have the time - and Brendan threatened to beat me up

goat

only win that old sod would have had

ill ask again closer to the start incase you change your mind

goat

Rowley Birkin QC

I don't really follow it closely enough these days goatee. Used to be a big fan back in the 1980's and early 90's but sort of lost touch with the sport once I came out to Australia. These days I just watch the occasional game and pick up on the odd head line story.

Speaking of which... I wonder if anyone will every now enquire seriously into the allegations of Manning's wife acquiring illegal growth hormones on his behalf? 

goat

i doubt theres anything in that

and now hes retired ....whats the point? hes going to be a first ballot to canton

eli on the other hand, nobody that retarded looking can earn that much cash without help. fuckin giants

bluebrendan

Glad I decided not to bother, I had to be up fairly early Monday morning. Would have preferred a Panthers win though.

Rowley - you should join the Fantasy NFL, it doesn't take much time up and goat needs keeping in his place.  ;D

Ludo

Video review in NFL works along the same lines as DRS in cricket. It won't change the on field umpires call unless it deems the mistake so big that he should have seen it. Since, in real time, it looked inclomplete itwas still deemed incomplete.

Rowley Birkin QC

goat

size of the mistake isnt important, that type of catch has been reversed before and will be shitloads next season too