News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The 'Epic' transfer rumour thread

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, June 09, 2016, 01:46:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

Is Nolito any good? I don't know much about him.

I see we've "missed" out on laporte while I've been away...

I hope we go for a cb that's around 28. Get a solid 5 seasons out of him and should be well developed by that age.

Neil Mcnab

He was excellent in the demolition of a poor Turkey.

Mike

Quote from: Swiss on June 18, 2016, 09:42:38

Yes, he's good.  Came from Barca's youth system and had a year at Granada before Celta so I watched him weekly.  He has a tasty free kick on him, scores from outside the box and has good vision and work rate.  At Granada he looked a real touch of class, for us I reckon he'd be a useful addition.  Could be a very good bit of business, though it wouldn't be an exciting signing.

goat

Ludo

Mike's post uses the words 'scores' and 'vision' so possibly an upgrade.

goat

well navas never scores and has no vision

see, they can be used with him too

zacc

Quote from: Swiss on June 18, 2016, 09:42:38

I see we've "missed" out on laporte while I've been away...

I hope we go for a cb that's around 28. Get a solid 5 seasons out of him and should be well developed by that age.

played well t'other day linked up well with Silva .
Injury list not too bad either

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nolito/verletzungen/spieler/70934

Neil Mcnab

Thinking Kroos might look to move on only if Pogba goes to Real Madrid. At 120 million Euros for Pogba, Real might be looking for a few bob.

bry the guy

Swiss

Suspended pending appeal, similar to Barce

reddishblue

goat

Rowley Birkin QC

A seemingly well informed (and often reliable on football matters) UK Telegraph says City are definitely looking to boost 'home grown' representation. Torygraph links us with -

Andros Townsend (winger, 24, Newcastle Utd)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (midfielder / winger, 22, Arsenal)

Not sure what to make of these two. Townsend was one of the few stand outs in an otherwise dire Newcastle side and Oxlade-Chamberlain is a decent enough squad player but surely we can only interpret these as back-up options? Neither are prolific scorers (only 7 goals in 100 appearances in Oxlade-Chamberlain's case). From their perspective you'd have to imagine they'd be worried about being long term bench warmers.   We've also apparently been sniffing around Walcott, but he is set on staying at Arsenal.

Neil Mcnab

Definitely splinters for those if they joined. Do you see them as improving us? A wage with no effect except fulfilling the quota. Should not the young home grown players have the chance.

Swiss

I always thought the Ox would make a better CM than a winger

Ludo

Rumour in the Star (yes I know) that Leicester might be considering an offer for Bony.

Please God, please let it be true.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on June 12, 2016, 02:02:39
aaron mooy is  todays name

expected to be sent to belgium

Local media today reporting we have signed Aaron Mooy (central midfielder, 25, Melbourne City).

A three year deal and in return Melbourne get Luke Brattan (who Manchester City loaned to Bolton last season) and Anthony Caceres' loan to Melbourne gets extended. Mooy was on of the A-League's stand out players last season, a bit of a late developer at 25, but presumably destined for a loan to somewhere City can closely monitor him?