News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The 'Epic' transfer rumour thread

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, June 09, 2016, 01:46:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

OK - by all means start your own threads on particular players, but I've just noticed we don't have one place to collate all the nonsense where we can keep track of it! (Assuming, that is, that you wish to experience the unsubstantiated ramblings and fantasies of a lot of pissed footie journalists - too distracted by the Euro's)

So here we go...

So far we have signed Ilkay Gundogan (midfielder, 25, Borussia Dortmund)

We appear to be serious about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (striker and part-time winger, 26, Borussia Dortmund)

The Guardian thinks it has a well sourced story that we are after Aymeric Laporte (defender, 22, Athletic Bilbao) in spite of him currently nursing a broken leg and ankle.

But the Guardian also thinks our interest in Paul Pogba (midfielder, 23, Juventus) is rapidly waning.

goat

tony is going to hunt you down kenny, this was always his thing. you are lucky he is returning his mrs for a refund in russia

dont forget the lad from ukraine

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on June 09, 2016, 02:09:24
tony is going to hunt you down kenny, this was always his thing. you are lucky he is returning his mrs for a refund in russia

His fault for buggering off - and besides, I started a similar thread to this a couple of summers ago (about transfer rumours) which ran for weeks so he doesn't have a monopoly.

Quote from: goat on June 09, 2016, 02:09:24

dont forget the lad from ukraine

Stick him in then.

Rowley Birkin QC

Gone to sleep have we Goat? OK - I'll do it for you...

Oleksandr Zinchenko (attacking midfielder, 19, Ufa)

Pep very keen - according to various rumour repeating football websites (not usually reliable) and The Sun (even less reliable)

goat

nah, i was punching foreigners and no ive not joined the outers

hes the type of rumour i believe a bit more than the usual, its not like his name will sell papers so less chance of it being made up... like any decent player to the rags kind of bullshit they do

Ludo

John Stones is a rumour that doesn't seem to go away.

Rowley Birkin QC

Can't say I've seen John Stones' name mentioned much - except perhaps in the MEN - but then I have been living under a stone  ;)  recently.

OK - let's stick him in -

John Stones (defender, 22, Everton)

Lekos

Rumours Aubameyang is off to Yoonited

Rowley Birkin QC

There's going to be a lot of this - players we are apparently interested in immediately being linked to the rags - and vice-versa.

The media are going to flog this Pep v Jose thing for all it's worth.

zacc

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on June 09, 2016, 01:46:22
OK - by all means start your own threads on particular players, but I've just noticed we don't have one place to collate all the nonsense where we can keep track of it! (Assuming, that is, that you wish to experience the unsubstantiated ramblings and fantasies of a lot of pissed footie journalists - too distracted by the Euro's)

So here we go...

So far we have signed Ilkay Gundogan (midfielder, 25, Borussia Dortmund)

We appear to be serious about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (striker and part-time winger, 26, Borussia Dortmund)

The Guardian thinks it has a well sourced story that we are after Aymeric Laporte (defender, 22, Athletic Bilbao) in spite of him currently nursing a broken leg and ankle.

But the Guardian also thinks our interest in Paul Pogba (midfielder, 23, Juventus) is rapidly waning.

theme seems to be City only intersted in signing injured players, guess cuts straight to a City issue that way?! ;)

goat

weve enough shit/average defenders already

pep out

goat

the german sane lad keeps getting a mention, never seen him play. bundyleague allstars soon at this rate

neuer and the pole next ta if you are offering

goat

its from the daily cnut but...

Manchester City target Leroy Sane goes for run on Miami beach and could become most expensive German ever at £40million

40 million for a fucking leroy

he does this all over youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OskmcubvImo

fuckin hell hes quick, hes like navas with end product

Ludo

Quote from: goat on June 09, 2016, 23:29:30
weve enough shit/average defenders already

pep out

Stones will fine. Once Mangala teaches him all he knows 😄

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: goat on June 09, 2016, 23:33:08
its from the daily cnut but...

Manchester City target Leroy Sane goes for run on Miami beach and could become most expensive German ever at £40million

40 million for a fucking leroy

he does this all over youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OskmcubvImo

fuckin hell hes quick, hes like navas with end product

Ooo - I quite like the look of him. Fast (from a standing start), hard to knock off the ball, and stays on his feet.

goat

i sense a theme here

this lad and aggymangy are both very quick and direct. yaya is fucked if pep fancies an up tempo game, he will be knackered just watching

and looking at the sane lad, edgar davids might have some explaining to do to mrs davids

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes - already some signs of where Pep might be trying to take us. And I'm pleasantly surprised we seem to be active in the market nice and early (in spite of the distraction of the Euros).

The John Stones thing looks like it's on. Certainly more serious than I first thought.

Rowley Birkin QC

I see Liverpool (  :D ) have already had a bid rejected for Leroy Sané...   

According to The Daily Star's "German sources" Pep is very keen on him. OK, let's put him in the frame as well -

Leroy Sané (winger or attacking mid, 20, Schalke)

goat

another window so may as well say it

hamsik?

think gundyfella can do pretty much what he can  so ill file him away with zlatan in the "oh well, would  have been nice to have" cupboard