News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Yanks and Guns contd...

Started by reddishblue, December 30, 2014, 21:30:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria

This latest shooting was perpetuated by and English kid who supported the IRA, so this is what happens when an English kid has his hands on a gun. This thread should be called Yanks and English with guns.
There is no justification for what happened, just another sick-fuck with a gun, as I have said before people kill not guns. It still remains far to easy to obtain guns in certain states; there should be unilateral guns laws across all states, but each state has it own right to make laws.
Obama speaks out, and the 2nd Amendment is brought into play by the NRA. This gun issue has gone far beyond the second amendment and does need to be addressed. Most Americans use guns responsibly, a few do not and cry about their right to bare arms. This constitution has been warped and twisted over the years, the second Amendment came about to support a local Militia in defense of one's state; not go on a killing spree, this is not what the 2nd Amendment was designed to do. The Amendment is out-dated and needs to be changed, but I feel if changed, it will not stop the lunatics from repeating yesterday. As I said earlier, people kill not guns.

Responsible gun owner

Victoria.  :-*

Swiss

Born in England, raised in the USA from a little boy... So not really English!

Mind you, if he were here he'd have got mental health help free of charge on the NHS and wouldn't have had access to a gun...

How'd you like dem' apples!?

We're not a perfect nation, far from it and we do have gun crime, but... and a very big but, no where near on the scale of the US.

It's incredulous to think that anyone needs either a hand gun or an assault rifle outside of a controlled environment!

bluebrendan

Quote from: Tori on October 02, 2015, 12:39:48
This latest shooting was perpetuated by and English kid who supported the IRA, so this is what happens when an English kid has his hands on a gun. This thread should be called Yanks and English with guns.
There is no justification for what happened, just another sick-fuck with a gun, as I have said before people kill not guns. It still remains far to easy to obtain guns in certain states; there should be unilateral guns laws across all states, but each state has it own right to make laws.
Obama speaks out, and the 2nd Amendment is brought into play by the NRA. This gun issue has gone far beyond the second amendment and does need to be addressed. Most Americans use guns responsibly, a few do not and cry about their right to bare arms. This constitution is been warped and twisted over the years, the second Amendment came about to support a local Militia in defense of one's state; not go on a killing spree, this is not what the 2nd Amendment was designed to do. The Amendment is out-dated and needs to be changed, but I feel if changed, it will not stop the lunatics from repeating yesterday. As I said earlier, people kill not guns.

Responsible gun owner

Victoria.  :-*

You can repeat that until you're blue in the face but as long as potential killers find it so easy to get hold of guns the death rate from gun crime is hardly likely to drop.

reddishblue

US gun crime in 2015
Figures up to 1 October
Mass shootings
45 shootings at schools
9,956 people killed in gun incidents
20,000 people injured in gun incidents
Source: Shooting tracker, Gun Violence Archive

gavin

It is astonishing really that they still do nothing about it

reddishblue

Yanks don't know what an amendment is, otherwise they would realise they could change it. Most of them only know only one out of 38 anyway.

Swiss

Quote from: reddishblue on October 02, 2015, 18:48:56
US gun crime in 2015
Figures up to 1 October
Mass shootings
45 shootings at schools
9,956 people killed in gun incidents
20,000 people injured in gun incidents
Source: Shooting tracker, Gun Violence Archive

45 school shootings!!! Feck me, how do they let this continue!

I'm not even sure a man like Tori should be allowed a gun!

goat

id rather go to australia than that hole

bluebrendan

Quote from: goat on October 03, 2015, 14:10:28
id rather go to australia than that hole
Until the spiders discover guns.  ;)

Victoria

Swiss
QuoteI'm not even sure a man like Tori should be allowed a gun!
Why ?

Swiss

Ha ha!  8)

But in general, there should be no need for Joe public to own a weapon of mass destruction!

You want to hunt, fine, go to an organised ranch, then leave the gun there.

You want to protect your home, put a chain on the door!

Victoria

stick to number crunching, you really have no idea on this issue  :)

reddishblue

you really have no argument

Swiss

Indeed, a country whereby we banned the use of assault rifles and hand guns has no idea...

The aussies must have no idea either!

Lekos

I think the saying 'cant see the wood for trees' might work well here.

Victoria

Swiss, you missed the point of my question, you said that you were not sure that I should own guns, and yet you gave an over all reason and an alternative to why Americans should not have guns, then compered it with Britain.

So Why do think I should not own guns when you do not know me personally?

bluepill

because you don't really need one, it's just vanity.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I'm sure it was the little boys constitutional right to kill her or some other bollocks.

http://news.sky.com/story/1564353/boy-11-shoots-dead-8-year-old-over-puppy

Victoria

Quote from: bluepill on October 05, 2015, 21:30:57
because you don't really need one, it's just vanity.

I'll remember that when I come across an angry bear in my back garden, saying shoo, shoo! is just not good enough. My country is full of dangerous wild life.

Victoria

Quote from: Durk on October 05, 2015, 23:07:22
I'm sure it was the little boys constitutional right to kill her or some other bollocks.

http://news.sky.com/story/1564353/boy-11-shoots-dead-8-year-old-over-puppy

this is just awful, yet another irresponsible gun owner to let the child get hold of the gun. Yet another case for unilateral gun laws. Most of America and responsible gun owners want change to stop stupid people owning guns, and yet the republicans, tea Party and GOP all support the NRA who spout off about constitutional rights.
Since Raven was born and while she grows up all my guns have been and will be locked safely away.