News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

M.E.N Bombing

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, May 22, 2018, 14:52:25

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

One year on from the M.E.N bombing and I'll always remember the day cos its me lads birthday and he was the same age as the youngest fatality which was a little girl who was 8.

Went to the memorial with me lad and sister a few days afterwards at St Annes and it was absolutely chocker but so quiet, then a chap with bagpipes started playing don't look back in anger. Was absolutely bone chilling and nobody had a dry eye.

An awful day of the bombing but a great show of unity since.

RIP to those involved.

Hesperus

I echo those sentiments BBM.

My mum (in her 70s) got asked to do some flower arrangements at St Anne’s square last Sunday. She spent 7hours there. So many people were approaching her and her team and asking about the flowers. My mum explained that they were doing bouquets of 22 roses, one for each of the victims. A man asked if he could have one of the roses. He lost his daughter in the attack. Needless to say it was a very emotional conversation. Proud of my mum though and all the people of Manchester.

zacc

Been listening to 5Live which featured various interviews, and ways ones are coping a year on.   Having attended two funerals in four days can only conclude grab each moment with joy and showing kindness.
So sad there's the occasional  person bent on carrying out heinous acts.

Tawnyaz

What can I do in the forum and where can I get more?

Rowley Birkin QC

We've got great stacks of it - out the back.

goat

Quote from: Tawnyaz on May 30, 2018, 04:42:16
What can I do in the forum and where can I get more?

taking the piss out of citopest is always good