Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 2951 times)

Rowley Birkin QC

• citymanc
  • But then I was very, very drunk...
Re: Brexit
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2018, 20:37:30 »
 ::) - reddishblue offering us a rare insight into Jose Mourinho's team talks and white board diagrams down at the swamp.

No wonder it's going so well.

Neil Mcnab

• citymanc
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2018, 19:51:43 »
thoughts and prayers greeko
Superb

reddishblue

• citymanc
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2018, 23:29:26 »
"You crazy clack wanker"

Bowdonblue

• citymanc
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2018, 05:13:33 »
No. She's got it completely wrong. It won't be Apples we'll be eating, but spuds. We are completely self sufficient when it comes to the humble potato. There will be no shortage of them, and they are rich in vitamins and other minerals essential for our health and well-being. Other root vegetables such as swedes and turnips will also be readily available, so a road kill rabbit, or illegally poached trout from a nearby river mixed with those basic ingredients will make a tasty and nutritious stew.

Remoaners.............they don't know nuffink.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 05:33:21 by Bowdonblue »

Rowley Birkin QC

• citymanc
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2018, 03:03:07 »
The other day some grey haired ex-pat Brit in a shop (who presumably picked up on my accent) struck up an unwanted conversation with me about how wonderful Brexit is going to be - and how "British farmers will be supplying British milk, and produce, to British people!"  She then went on to inform me that Australian food was dreadful, and probably killing us because our food labelling and additive laws are "no where near as good as Britain's".

When I calmly pointed out that the UK's food regulations owed a considerable beneficial debt to EU regulation and compliance she screamed "Nonsense!" at me - and stormed out of the shop.

This is the quality of debate and misinformation we are dealing with.

gavin

• Administrator
  • citymanc
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2018, 20:13:03 »
These idiots need to be stopped from voting on things. Referenda should be made illegal.

Rowley Birkin QC

• citymanc
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2018, 07:21:30 »
Don't like Referenda either. Not the 'democratic silver bullet' everyone thinks they are. Too easily manipulated - and a long history of this.

goat

• citymanc
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2018, 09:47:05 »
we are all kinds of fucked then. the electorate are fucking stupid and the the knobheads we pay to decide this kind of shit are fucking stupid

i vote we let the animals take over, president bear or some shit

bluebrendan

• Administrator
  • citymanc
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2018, 22:26:06 »
The other day some grey haired ex-pat Brit in a shop (who presumably picked up on my accent) struck up an unwanted conversation with me about how wonderful Brexit is going to be - and how "British farmers will be supplying British milk, and produce, to British people!"  She then went on to inform me that Australian food was dreadful, and probably killing us because our food labelling and additive laws are "no where near as good as Britain's".

When I calmly pointed out that the UK's food regulations owed a considerable beneficial debt to EU regulation and compliance she screamed "Nonsense!" at me - and stormed out of the shop.

This is the quality of debate and misinformation we are dealing with.
Presumably if post-Brexit Britain is going to be so wonderful she was on her way to book a one-way ticket back "home"?

Thought not...

Lekos

• citymanc
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2018, 22:46:03 »
we are all kinds of fucked then. the electorate are fucking stupid and the the knobheads we pay to decide this kind of shit are fucking stupid

i vote we let the animals take over, president bear or some shit

Exactly this, probably minus the bear bit. (Probably.)

gavin

• Administrator
  • citymanc
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2018, 22:22:47 »
Why not a bear? Surely better than the dog in charge now.