News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The Philosophy Thread

Started by reddishblue, March 03, 2020, 01:12:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Vickki

reddishblue

Anyone heard about the theory that there is an infinite number of universes and therefore somewhere else in space there is iinivetibally another citymancs? Maybe numerous...

gavin

I'm just glad that I'm in a Universe where City came good. I'm still of the feeling that there aren't many of them.

reddishblue

Yes, luckily enough. It's all about timing.

Kilkenny Blue

reddishblue

I don't think sometimes so sometimes I'm not here?

Vickki

Reddish, I always thought you live in an alternative reality 🤣🤣

reddishblue

So did René Descartes .

Vickki

I would call that schizophrenia not Phiosophy 🤣

reddishblue

I know who I am, the real question is do you?

Vickki

Of course I know who I am. I'm an American 'hottie' that drives a delivery truck around Bolton 🤣🤣

Vickki

Reddish, please go see a doctor! You don't look healthy in your pic 🤣🤣

The Blue Blooded Maniac

gavin

Unknown Pleasures

Quote from: reddishblue on March 21, 2023, 23:07:37
Space and time  are infinite in both directions therefore I have no idea about what is going to happen next or indeed which way we are going.

For space to be infinite then time would have to be (and have been) infinite.

That would mean no Big Bang theory and be contrary to the evidence of the universe expanding at an accelerated rate.

gavin

You are assuming that time began at the big bang and we don't really know if anything could or did exist before the big bang. Also, I'm not convinced that space being infinite necessarily implies that time is. But then I'm not convinced that space, or anything else, can be infinite in reality. We do know that it is a fucking big place and yet still that United are the most embarrassing club within it.

reddishblue

If space is finite theoretically you could travel to the edge of it.