News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Liverpool

Started by 93:2012, March 01, 2015, 11:15:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Zabba

Quote from: Zabba on March 01, 2015, 11:40:56
Yes  thank God for that Ludo, however 4 5 1 would be a lot better. Pelle never learns his lessons so we are gambling once again.

I said before Barca and today 4 5 1 a must and Pelle either is thick or feels compelled to play 4 4 2. Either way it is unbelievably naïve, stupid and suicidal.

I hope Pelle falls on his sword because I see no improvement if he stays.

Swiss

When we went to 451 we were even worse!

Rowley Birkin QC

Zabba

Quote from: Swiss on March 01, 2015, 13:49:35
We've been worse since dzeko went off and we changed from 442 :-D

After the horse has bolted and game lost. We were abysmal all second half.

Zabba

Or put another way when the game has got away from you, you do not want it enough, your tempo is shite and you are disorganised and disjointed any change of formation will make no difference.

bluebrendan

WTF was Pellegrini's HT talk about? We were diabolical in the 2nd half, no shape and no energy. Nasri could have been subbed at any time, he made no attacking contribution and failed to close down Coutinho for the 2nd. At the back Zab and Kompany were all over the place in the first half though Zab improved after the interval. Yaya seemed to go to sleep in the 2nd half after an influential first half.

Tricky Trev

And there goes the season, good job !

Rowley Birkin QC

Well, barring a considerable miracle, that is probably the Championship gone. What a depressing performance!

Look how Liverpool pinged the ball around, quickly and accurately. How they worked for each other as a team. See how easily they picked out their players deep in our half with space and time to either run at us or decide just where they want to play the next pass. We were second best in all these areas. AND Liverpool showed twice - that they are better at shooting from range than we are.

What's happened to Yaya's runs? Why has Nasri started playing with all the confidence of a small boy again?

Swiss

Quote from: Zabba on March 01, 2015, 13:58:43
Or put another way when the game has got away from you, you do not want it enough, your tempo is shite and you are disorganised and disjointed any change of formation will make no difference.

I don't hold to that, City normally don't start playing til we're a goal or 2 down.

Quote from: Zabba on March 01, 2015, 13:54:25
Quote from: Swiss on March 01, 2015, 13:49:35
We've been worse since dzeko went off and we changed from 442 :-D

After the horse has bolted and game lost. We were abysmal all second half.

I thought we started the second half well but drastically tailed off. We bought on Jimmy to help wrestle control of the midfield only to stick him out wide and still suffer the same problems. He should have been stuck in the middle for his tenacity.

I was crying for players to bring the ball down and play to feet but we kept lobbing the ball forward aimlessly. Yaya looks as though he's been told to punt it over the top... or he just couldn't be bothered to run..

I thought Mangala played well though and that's the first time I've thought that.

Zabba

Saving themselves for return Barca game, these players are deluded as well as lazy.

Pelle is out of his depth, simple.

Zabba

Manga came out with credit.

zacc

so Chelsea will get their "moments" now and win PL. ::)
Why was Clattenberg constantly in the way?!
???

Rowley Birkin QC

Have to say I'm baffled by the tactics - as Brendan and Swiss highlight.

Pointless having two attacking mids on when only one of them is really contributing anything. Nasri should have been pulled early for the extra central midfielder.

And once we did opt for the extra midfielder, Milner is allowed to drift out wide time and time again.

bluebrendan

Quote from: Zabba on March 01, 2015, 14:11:26
Manga came out with credit.

Yes after a shaky start he did well, as did Kolarov, all the major problems came down our right.

Zabba

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 01, 2015, 14:16:17
Have to say I'm baffled by the tactics - as Brendan and Swiss highlight.

Pointless having two attacking mids on when only one of them is really contributing anything. Nasri should have been pulled early for the extra central midfielder.

And once we did opt for the extra midfielder, Milner is allowed to drift out wide time and time again.

So you admit Pelle failed to organise and motivate the players.

Rowley Birkin QC

Why would I have to "admit" to anything? Actually - don't bother... I can't be arsed responding to one of your WUM fishing exercises.

Mangala had to improve - seeing as Kompany was so bad. He did well. And Kolarov deserves some credit as Brendan says.

Lekos

Don't know why Citopest keeps mentioning the barca second leg and players "saving themselves" for it...It's 17 days away and we have two league games before it.

Zabba

Rowley I am not seeking to wind you or anyone up just calling it as I saw it. Pelle is one dimensional and failing, sadly. His tactics are all wrong and it shows in the players performance. It is not a case of me saying it after the game I clled it before. Pelle is not stupid why does he keep doing it.

Lekos if they are not saving themselves for Barca (they are like deluded fools) then explain that performance when the PL title was on the line.

Lekos

Poor management, poor motivating, poor individual performances.

Zabba

Quote from: Lekos on March 01, 2015, 14:40:27
Poor management, poor motivating, poor individual performances.

We can agree on that.

I have felt for ages all the eggs were being put in one basket i.e. going all out for the CL. I could be wrong but evidence of performances convince me I am not.