News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Barca v City Champions League Thread

Started by 93:2012, March 18, 2015, 19:07:18

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

goat

Lekos

Hart's had a good game. That's about it on the positive front.

Rowley Birkin QC

Hart brilliant - yes. Kicking still rubbish - we always lose possession

goat

Lekos

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 18, 2015, 21:35:05
Hart brilliant - yes. Kicking still rubbish - we always lose possession

Shouldn't be passing back to the keeper anyway in my opinion

Rowley Birkin QC

Indeed. There was a moment in the first half when we won a throw in the middle of the Barca half - and we decided to pass back to Hart. I nearly threw my breakfast at the TV

Hesperus

Still miles behind europes elite. Cant believe the powers that be at City aren't extremely disappointed at the lack of progress at this level after the expenditure on the squad.

goat

throw shitloads of cash at bayern and barcelona for half of their teams in the summer

gavin

If they'd have been near me I'd have thrown my breakfast, dinner and tea at the telly when we hit the first man with a corner in injury time. Obviously it would have been far too little too late but FFS Pellegrini should be sacked simply for the shitness of our corners and other dead balls.

Ludo

We're a team in need of real clear out.

But more importantly we need real quality in. No more Fernandos, no more Navas, no more Lampards

goat

to be fair lampard has done ok for a 40 year old

Neil Mcnab

Hart MOM. Messi reminded me of kinky in the first half. Perhaps the memory plays tricks. We are a long way short of Barca.

Two or or three world class players needed in the summer.

Most put a real shift in, a concern for the Baggies game?

KunDB

Quote from: Ludo on March 18, 2015, 21:49:24
We're a team in need of real clear out.

But more importantly we need real quality in. No more Fernandos, no more Navas, no more Lampards

Yes a clear out is needed. Midfield much too lightweight. Lose Toure and Nasri and bring in physical presence and pace. That is were we need to start. Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Navas, Jovetic, and more are good but just not near good enough, they have to go but only if replaced with real quality.

Swiss

I'm starting to like Mangala, he's growing into the league. I'd rather get rid of clichy than kolarov. At least he offers something going forward!
We use nasti in the wrong position. He should be a false 10. But then so should dave. And Milner should be a central mid.

Navas we also don't use effectively. We need to draw out their lb and put the ball into space for him to run onto. Yes he does need a bit of cross practice. They are in him.

Not been impressed with sanga, ok not played much but I thought he was a liability last night.

Need a proper left winger with pace and a midfield general as we're leaderless there.

chocovla

Does make you wonder where last season's fast passing game has gone. During our good spell around Christmas last season we played a high tempo passing game while also pressing high up the pitch. Exactly what Barcelona did to us yesterday.

We looked slow, lumbering and star struck at times when confronted with Messi.