News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The transfer thread

Started by lee, June 04, 2021, 13:22:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Mcnab

Guess we will be part exing a player or or two. Who to trade in? Sterling is from London, would placate the Spurs fans. Big step down, might not fancy it.

Stephen Paul

Players in , Kane

Players out , Sterling,  Jesus , Silva

The Blue Blooded Maniac

You're a big fan of Mendy are you Stevie? Haha

Stephen Paul

gavin

We can't let a striker go if we sign a striker. It needs to be another striker. I'd be a lot more excited about Haaland than Kane. I prefer long term signings.

Stephen Paul

A good four years left in Kane but also has had a few knocks
Haaland long term definitely yes

Stephen Paul

The problem with Haaland is he could end up at the rags or Chelsea

Swiss

Quote from: stephenmcfc on June 20, 2021, 12:58:27
It's quiet at the moment but I am sure things will get busy after the Euros

Difficult with a lot of players at the euros

Swiss

I'm just saying... Lukaku is having a great time playing with Kev!

Outs

Laporte (heavy heart but too good for 3rd choice)
Mendy
Sterling
Silva
Jesus
Rodri

Ins

LB. Gosens
CF Kane
CF Haaland
WF Sancho
CM/WM Grealish
DM Goretzka or FDeJong

Only need about £500m

Swiss

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on June 21, 2021, 18:07:11
You're a big fan of Mendy are you Stevie? Haha

I suspect he may disappear on loan to try and build his price back up

Neil Mcnab

I like the list, but would bin Stones and keep Laporte.  I would like us to sign Bellingham, DM?

Swiss

But surely the Dias Stones partnership will continue.

Stones is coming out of his shell and into the form of his life.
He should get stronger and a better reading of the ball as he gets older. Not saying Laporte won't, but he hasn't clicked with Dias in the same way.

Also, my 1 criticism of Laporte is his communication. I don't think he does enough of it on the pitch.

Bellingham is a good option, but more traditional Box to box than DM isn't he?

lee

Im not sure about Grealish.He's always going down under a challenge and it would break our play up.Free kick after free kick.

gavin

Why do people talk like we only need one striker and two centre halves? Football is a squad game. Injuries and poor form happen. We should keep the centre halves we have if we can. We should keep Jesus AND sign another striker.

Gareth

Am I the only one who still likes Raheem?

gavin

Nope, there's little point arguing that he had some poor form last season but that is what it was. He will come good again.

onerytk

Quote from: lee on June 22, 2021, 17:13:26
Im not sure about Grealish.He's always going down under a challenge and it would break our play up.Free kick after free kick.

Totally get this, quality player but would he suit our one touch pass pass pass system.

Paddy

Keep Stirling. findinghis format the euro's and sign Grealish and Silver from athletico

Gareth

Quote from: gavin on June 22, 2021, 22:26:48
Nope, there's little point arguing that he had some poor form last season but that is what it was. He will come good again.

My personal view of Raheem’s 2020/21 form is that he really missed David Silva, who was always able to pick him out with accurate angles around the opposition box. This was clearly something that Pep had worked on a lot with the pair of them, and was very effective. Obviously that’s gone for good. But Raheem hasn’t become a worse player; his way of contributing to the team will have to change. That’s Pep’s job; can’t believe he’s not working on it.

Neil Mcnab

Yes Bellingham, round peg. Worried Stones will relapse, Laporte would improve virtually any team. If he was to go to Los Blancos or elsewhere abroad, fine. He wont stay as a bench warmer.
Sterling is playing well against some poor opposition. Wont get a kick in the next game, hope I am proved wrong.